• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Would this PC run a 6 box (and maybe ISBoxer)? (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty sure it would, but loaded stuff on an old i5 laptop that couldn't handle 3 accounts.
Do you think this PC -

Beelink Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 5560U (6C/12T up to 4.0Ghz), 16G DDR4 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SDD​

Could run a 6 box, ISboxer and MQ?
Amazon product ASIN B09SHSQ5CF
Appreciate the input :)
Yes it will run about anything you want. I have a Ryzen 7 with something graphics card and 128 megs of RAM I run 7 instances of Mq EQ no problem.

I'm pretty sure it would, but loaded stuff on an old i5 laptop that couldn't handle 3 accounts.
Do you think this PC -

Beelink Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 5560U (6C/12T up to 4.0Ghz), 16G DDR4 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe SDD​

Could run a 6 box, ISboxer and MQ?
Amazon product ASIN B09SHSQ5CF
Appreciate the input :)
I 18 box on a lenovo t420 laptop with 12 megs of ram…pretty sure you can do much more with that..

I 18 box on a lenovo t420 laptop with 12 megs of ram…pretty sure you can do much more with that..

On what settings? My vRAM on my old GPU with 8gb vRAM -RX 5700- did not handle 12 toons at the same time at 1440P, vRAM usage was near its limit and sometime one game crashed.

In intense zones, if VRAM extended 8GB vRAM one Everquest window shut down.

Maybe if you run the game at 380P and old school look, one pixel.

On what settings? My vRAM on my old GPU with 8gb vRAM -RX 5700- did not handle 12 toons at the same time at 1440P, vRAM usage was near its limit and sometime one game crashed.

In intense zones, if VRAM extended 8GB vRAM one Everquest window shut down.

Maybe if you run the game at 380P and old school look, one pixel.
Old models, turn framelimiter on, kill everything (spells, clip plane, sound, sky, fauna, textures, shadows, etc) .., minimize everything but your puller screen once sutomation is running, do the manual assigment of the cores “-1, -2, -3” on the ini file…last but not least stay away from lag pile and zone your groups via campfire to prevent multiple zone maps loading…get a worthwhile cooling pad and keep a window open…

Note: this level of overheating will eventually destroy this laptop but who cares its a 15 year old box…enjoy!

pc GIF

Old models, turn framelimiter on, kill everything (spells, clip plane, sound, sky, fauna, textures, shadows, etc) .., minimize everything but your puller screen once sutomation is running, do the manual assigment of the cores “-1, -2, -3” on the ini file…last but not least stay away from lag pile and zone your groups via campfire to prevent multiple zone maps loading…get a worthwhile cooling pad and keep a window open…

Note: this level of overheating will eventually destroy this laptop but who cares its a 15 year old box…enjoy!

pc GIF
core are auto assigned and managed by windows. going in and adjusting that does nothing.

Definitely not a bad buy for the price. I run an OLD HP Mini with only 8gb of ram and a 256 SSD. I don't even run frame limiter, but turned the stickfigure option on in the eqclient.ini and I can run up to 10 toons at a time with up to 8 without loosing frames.

Question - Would this PC run a 6 box (and maybe ISBoxer)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back