• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Guide - Would love some detailed advice on power levelling a new full group of 6 with an old full group of 6. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,590¢
I am planning to PL a new group using my old group. My old group is a group of 6 level 110s that are strong and in good gear. My plan is to pull a swarm of mobs with my warrior (crouched), who then does area aggro and holds them while cleric keeps him alive and DS kills them. Meanwhile the newbie group just has the bard use the aoe damage song to get the exp. I've done this before and it works but it isn't that fast. I did it with a heroic character so not that strong, but even so, it took me a few days to get to 50 ish and then a few days more to get from 50-70. I assume with a strong 110 group I can do this faster and probably get to 80ish or 90ish before the tank struggles to pull trains. But still, hoping for any other tips to do this better? I know some people can PL a character to 100 in a day and I'd love to know how exactly :)

What I'm hoping to know is:

1) Could fellowships help in any way? It is a group of 6 level 110s, power levelling a full group of level 1's, so I'm thinking fellowship will be useless to me?
2) Whenever the tank reaches the limit of mass pulling (I'm guessing somewhere in the level 90s), what do I do then? Do I have to disband some characters out my strong group and put some weaker characters in there to leach exp? Sounds slow and not good.
3) Any other pro tips or things I am missing?

Last edited:
1) Fellowships only work when you are within grouping range of levels. So a 110 with a level 1 in fellowship won't be sharing any XP at all

1) Yeah as EQbackagain noted, fellowship exp sharing is same as group exp sharing rule. 110 can start sharing once the alt group are lvl 80. Then you can use Dretski or william12's fellowship setups for multiple group sharing.

2) I could aggro/DS tank on my 110 Conflag SK in the PoK Hatching a Plan instance (nerfed now) with a 110 cleric/105 druid healing me until mobs were lvl 80. That was pulling the whole zone onto me, so 30+ mobs. At lvl 80, they'd occasionally kill me even with heals. Lvl 79 was still cake, but 80 started getting tough. You can also equip no-dmg steins from /bazaar if you don't want to riposte or shield bash kill anything.

Honed Wurmslayer from FM makes the lower level DS'n easy. I had my Hatch macro set to make the SK repeatedly sit at low levels too so the mobs would hit him faster.

DS Stacking - Mages and Druids get single target super big DS's if you have either of those classes available. Bard songs are the other good stacking DS. I wound up buying one of the Visage illusion items that also give a small stacking DS illusion benefit too.

Note: You can also get another "DS" from the cleric's Blood auto-spreading reverse DS on mobs, but this damage does count to the tank, so not good until the PL guys are doing some real dmg.

3) I found DS tanking PL method slows way down around 55-80. I wound up buying a Heroic and getting a 85 Pally (credit to Raz for his guide.) Your alts can start grouping with the Heroic around 56 or 57 (can't remember exactly.) Set them up some place with green mobs to the pally and let the pally grind. Set the pally to 100% AA if it's on a Gold account and it will stay 85 quite awhile. I also had a necro setup at the pally bind to sacrifice them back down if needed. Goes much faster than DS tanking unless you have a super strong support team.

I was doing:
2-60 = PL'd by out of group DS tank. Bard ae song in PL group is easiest, but wizards also get AE spells early. If needed, you can also get hitall.mac for a melee to tag each mob, but it's much slower. Actually a 105 or 110 Druid can handle up to the 50s as the "tank" even. Self heal or PBAE snare for aggro.
60-80 = Group with a Heroic knight class who's killing green-cons to themselves. Healer merc is nice, but Heroic should be over-geared for this content really.
80-110 = Toss them in with EoK/RoS exp group. Add them to fellowship for alternate group, not the one they are in.
108-110 = Almost always move to RoS for these levels.

I had AFK capable macros for it, but I only ran these while I was there, so maybe 8-10 hours a day. I could do levels 2-50 in half a day, but 50-80 was another 2-3 days. 80-105 was another 3 days and 105-110 was 4-5 days. There was probably alot of optimization stuff I didn't run though. Using the pre-nerf Hatching a Plan meant you had to stick to 6 toons max until 80, so I ran 3 110's for survival and 3 toons being PL'd. In an open zone you can run more buffs/DS/healers and outside DPS once the PL group can start adding dmg.

This end game PL thread had some cool tips too.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I needed, thanks! :) The 2-60 is easy, the 60-80 became a chore, but I have a spare heroic so I can try that! 80+ I will check out fellowships and do some grind on my main group.

The heroics can group with the pl’ees at 57.

I basically do this exact thing. I pop a Krono to start AA’ing a bit early because going much past 106 AAs slow down.

Guide - Would love some detailed advice on power levelling a new full group of 6 with an old full group of 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back