• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - With Halloween Coming Up (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,653¢
This is a 3 part question.
1. What scares you most in Everquest?
2. What scares you most in real life?
3. What scares you most in the movies?

1. The fear of getting a tell from a GM while I'm AFK in the bathroom.
2. Spiders. I once ripped my bedroom door off the hinges because I saw a spider in my room. I was trying to get out, the door wasn't cooperating. It wasn't on purpose.
3. I saw the Exorcist in the theater as a child. For those of us who saw the Exorcist there are two kinds scary movies. The Exorcist and everything else. I'm not talking about good. Halloween was great. I'm talking about what is scary

2. Spiders. I once ripped my bedroom door off the hinges because I saw a spider in my room. I was trying to get out, the door wasn't cooperating. It wasn't on purpose.
3. I saw the Exorcist in the theater as a child. For those of us who saw the Exorcist there are two kinds scary movies. The Exorcist and everything else. I'm not talking about good. Halloween was great. I'm talking about what is scary
1. GMs
2. GMs
3. GMs!

GMs!
Unchecked capitalism (because of its impacts on things like treatment for diseases, poverty, etc.)
Remember that scene in Final Destination 2 with the logging truck? That. Because I refuse to drive behind a logging truck to this day.

Rude players and tattletales

Bank NSF and fees

I don't really get scared by movies, but parts where things jump out at you, when you least expect it, give me a good jolt. I LOVE horror movies, but there are so few that are watch worthy. I am looking forward to seeing what people think about A Haunting in Venice though. I prefer supernatural horror to gore. We visited Venice a few years back and I absolutely loved it there. I think it could be the perfect, old world, setting for things like this.

1. Not anymore but in the old days, travelling through a dungeon with Invis/ITU and knowing that if it dropped I was dead with a painful CR ahead of me. The fear was real!
2. Death adders. They are quite prolific where I live.
3. When it looks like a pet dog might get killed by the bad guy.

Crossing the bridge in the deep. Even though I can slaughter the entire zone still makes me pucker.
Politicians with too much power, and people trusting them.
Stuff like Event Horizon, where there is literally nothing you can do once you're in it. Stuff with monsters, they might get you, but at least you could fight.

1. wiping and losing my corpse like back in the old days.
2. Something bad happening to my family.
3. Wasting time on a shit plot.

EQ: Nothing. It's a game after all.
Real Life: Loosing my wife, or me dying young and leaving her alone.
Movies: Seeing Alien as a first grader.

1.) Nothing really scares me in EQ but GM's would be at the top of the list.
2.) Death or the death of my friends and loved ones.
3.) Honestly every scary movie out there, not a fan of them lol.

1. Some giant toothed raid monster in a little known zone off of Stone Root Falls /Used to be terrified to go into Kedge Keep originally, seems stupid now haha!
2. Spiders (though I understand it's not their fault that they were born as spiders).
3. The Exorcist still freaks me out too, If I see a hole in a wall I secretly think that's how they are going to get in, lmao. Also little kids that talk all slow and creepy in horror movies freak me out too!

1. Getting my Gold for Life accounts banned.
2. Having another stroke (They say the second one is the killer and is usually in 5 years. On 3 years now)
3. The price of Popcorn.

Discussion - With Halloween Coming Up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back