• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - WinEQ2 (1 Viewer)

reliance99772

RedCents
I was wondering if it is still beneficial to run wineq2 in conjunction with MQ2. I am 5 boxing off one machine and when I load 4 toons up through WinEq2 lite and the 5th normally (using eqgame.exe) I seem to use more system resources than if I just load all 5 up using the eqgame.exe. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, it's been almost 7 years since I boxed in EQ. Also, if it IS a good idea to use WinEq2 can someone tell me why when i load toons up through wineq2 my mq2 does not start up with them?

I could use any advice from those of you who have been boxing recently as all my info is extremely outdated. Love the vanilla compile btw, saves a ton of headaches!!

I used to use WinEQ2 with older clients/ emu servers (Titanium client for example) because it allowed for easier windowed mode. With the current client I feel WinEQ2 is unnecessary. You can manually adjust screen size, easily exit windowed mode to browse the web, switch between windows, etc without an additional program running.

Just personal preference though. I love WinEQ2, just don't really need it anymore.

Tech - WinEQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back