• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Windowed Mode (1 Viewer)

Maxflo

RedCents
254¢
Hi guys, i'm new here and to mq2. I installed and followed directions to get my 85sk heroic toon going. Few quick questions.

1. When i click outside of my active EQ window, my framerates drop to like 1fps on that toon's EQ window.
2. I quickly copy and pasted the heroic ini file for sk at 85 and i saw that it didn't mem any of the spells outside of the pet and buffs gem8. I had to manually put in all the spells that are listed in the dps and heal sections of the ini. Is that correct?
3. Finally, how do you specify /follow and /stay commands for when you want your team to follow you or stay in specific spot?

Thanks for your help.

1. I'm not sure about, but I think that's intentional on EQ's end.

2. The KA won't mem the DPS for you, set up your spell gems first. Choose a gem slot to mem the buffs that you don't need up all the time. It is MiscGem=8 by default.

3. I use /stick to follow my team. Some use /chase. If you want them to stay at the camp you can toggle it on and off by doing /camphere. Also you can toggle who loots by doing /looton

go to display and go to advance, when the window is in the background it uses the least amount of fps but you can switch how much its able to use

Mostly your concerns have been addressed, but MQ2FPS causes your framerate to drop when the window loses focus. It's a tool to allow you to more efficiently run multiple instances of everquest without overloading your computer (why render stuff in the background when you can't see it?). If you don't like it, you can unload mq2fps or go to http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php/24766-MQ2FPS to look at the syntax to change the way it behaves.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention: mq2fps does NOT cause the games in the background to become less responsive to commands, it only limits how often things are rendered to the screen.

The problem with the fps outside of the active game window is that it drops so low that the toon is not able to do anything really. It's so laggy and choppy that the guy casts 1 spell in like 30 seconds. I'll have to try to disable mq2fps all together cause when i had it active that's when i was having the problems. My background fps in EQ game itself is already very high so i was aware of that option already.

One more thing i forgot to ask, when i'm for example just playing 1 character and i'm controlling that character, how do i stop the toon from auto following/chasing mobs that are running away at low health. I tried disabling mq2melee but that didn't help. I'm thinking it's some function of mq2movutils? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The problem with the fps outside of the active game window is that it drops so low that the toon is not able to do anything really. It's so laggy and choppy that the guy casts 1 spell in like 30 seconds. I'll have to try to disable mq2fps all together cause when i had it active that's when i was having the problems.

I forgot to mention: mq2fps does NOT cause the games in the background to become less responsive to commands, it only limits how often things are rendered to the screen.

Then this is not an mq2fps problem. All actions performed by characters are at full speed, you just drop frames when looking at their screen. You can tell this is true because the character you have active will observe them acting and reacting just fine. Are you sure that it is actually taking the background client longer to complete actions?

Question - Windowed Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back