• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

H.U.D. - Windowed mode resize issue (no WinEQ or ISBoxer) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,346¢
I have a 1680 x 1050 monitor and launch my toons with MQ2Autologin. This is generally a great option as I tend to launch individuals, or sub groups, or all sorts of combinations that I would otherwise have to alter a script to do (for example using a batch or powers hell file).

My one gripe, though, is that when I tab away from my main toon to look at a browser (e.g. this site, or eqresource etc), when I come back the "main chat window" seems to raise by about 50 pixels, which skews everything (mainly target and HoTT. Now it's not a show stopper, but it's a repetitive task to keep correcting it (normally I have to "maximise" the EQ window and fiddle with the main chat window). Does anyone else experience this, or have a fix? It seems a bit OTT to shell out for ISBoxer just for this issue.

Yeah, i have a similar issue with my group window (and the add-in buttons, like "Come to Me"). That window opens up squished on the bottom such that the buttons are over the top of the experience bar. In my case, I think its the UI I am using. Sparxx. Either way, every time I launch my toons, I have to resize it on all six. Mildly annoying. I think I could edit the UI XML file; but I don't know for sure. (never messed with them before)

Have played EQ without Innerspace for years but does alt + enter not work? My guess, based on absolutely nothing, is it’s confused about weather to run in full screen or windowed mode. I bring up Innerspace because full screen there does not me full screen in Windows. Alt + Enter is the universal shortcut for full screen/window toggle.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep all of your windowed characters in the same proportions on startup?

Every time I start up, I have to resize most of the windows. It seems like each character's window becomes like the last character to /quit. I normally have each of them set up separately.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep all of your windowed characters in the same proportions on startup?

Every time I start up, I have to resize most of the windows. It seems like each character's window becomes like the last character to /quit. I normally have each of them set up separately.
you need to exit the game cleanly with a /camp for any ui changes to be saved - if you modify your ui and then /quit you won't save window placement and such

@Sic Ok I tried this and it didn’t work. Well, it did to the extent that it didn’t move my windows around inside each individual instance.

What I’m trying to do is keep each window/character/instance? of eq in the same spot on my actual computer screen.

For example, I have 1 character in the top left corner, and another in the bottom left corner. Then, I have my tank taking up the right half of the screen.

When I load the characters back up after I camp out, all of the windows are in the spot where the last character logged out. Like all of the characters will take up the bottom left corner of the screen. It seems arbitrary where the windows will appear when logging in, but I think it’s related to which character logged out last.

I would like each window/character to stay in the same position on my computer screen. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

@Sic Ok I tried this and it didn’t work. Well, it did to the extent that it didn’t move my windows around inside each individual instance.

What I’m trying to do is keep each window/character/instance? of eq in the same spot on my actual computer screen.

For example, I have 1 character in the top left corner, and another in the bottom left corner. Then, I have my tank taking up the right half of the screen.

When I load the characters back up after I camp out, all of the windows are in the spot where the last character logged out. Like all of the characters will take up the bottom left corner of the screen. It seems arbitrary where the windows will appear when logging in, but I think it’s related to which character logged out last.

I would like each window/character to stay in the same position on my computer screen. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
ah i thought you were asking about locations of in-game windows

H.U.D. - Windowed mode resize issue (no WinEQ or ISBoxer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back