• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Window Swapping Hotkey issue (1 Viewer)

Burning-Geordie

RedCents
46¢
Hi guys,

I'm brand new here and have been slowly working through getting my three box set up as smoothly as possible.

I'm having several small issues so here goes.

1. Firstly, I tried opening the INI file in order to set up some easy hotkeys in order to cycle through my different sessions but it doesn't seem to be updating when I'm doing so...at the moment I have it set to switch forward with the " ' " (apostrophe) and back with CTRL and the same key. The problem, however is that it only cycles forward and not backward. I should state that I am left handed and use the R CTRL key, not the left (IG there doesn't seem to be a difference either way) for my action bars and so wonder whether I should have differentiated between the R CTRL and the L CTRL for MQ2 to understand what I want?

2. Since realising this problem, I decided to swap to a different hot key set up for cycling through sessions and changed the INI file, saved it, but it has not updated the hotkey. I have checked the spelling and code of what I have input but it seems to be unresponsive and is stuck using the apostrophe.

3. Upon creating the character profile in MQ2 for simultaneous login, I know you can set a custom key for switching to a specific session but they don't seem to be working, and I don't seem to be able to edit the key once it has been established. Do I need to delete the profile and re-create a hotkey in order to make this function again?

Currently the keys I have set for one of my sessions is as follows - ctrl+shift+numpad2 - can anyone confirm that this looks ok, or should I again be using R CTRL and L CTRL for more specific commands?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to answer my questions.

BG

When editing the ini file directly for options that affect the loader (the tray icon) you will need to exit the tray icon, make the change, and then reopen the tray icon. That's probably the experience you're seeing where it doesn't change even though you set it.

I do not believe cycle previous window works.

Thanks Knightly.

Do you have any experience with the character specific binds from the right click menu on the MQ2 tray icon? It would be so useful to be able to swap between specific windows for me as I'm playing SK tank and Ranger with my bard on the new IHCMerc Macro so I shouldn't need to spend any time on the bards session (hopefully).

BG

Isboxer has its own subscription service but it's worth it. CPU management and window management alone is worth it. The only incompatibabilty with it is that if you decide to use mq2wire, mouse repeater won't work with background instances.

OK thanks for the heads up.

I'm still having this very strange experience with the .INI file which has managed to revert back to using apostrophe to cycle windows, despite me setting the value for the window swap to zero, which disables it altogether. Since then I have tried setting the command to a variety of things with no luck and now all of a sudden the apostrophe is back in action despite it being no-where in any .ini files.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a Macroquest.ini and a Macroquest_default.ini...not sure which one should be the master. Either way...they both have " ` " as the window swap key, not apostrophe!

As I mentioned, you'll want to exit out of the tray util before making changes. I believe the tray util saves its changes on exit so if you edit it and THEN exit, your change will get overwritten. You want MacroQuest.ini. The default is only copied over if the original doesn't exist.

Well that unfortunately didn't work. The only reliable thing at the moment is setting the value to 0 in order to stop any window switching at all. At this rate I might just roll with the apostrophe and use something else for it on the keyboard...that or run an autohotkey script...I've tried reinstalling a few times and deleting everything but nothing has changed...quite frustrating!

Question - Window Swapping Hotkey issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back