• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Will Warping get you banned? (1 Viewer)

Kyle100

RedCents
I want to take my boxed toons into Plane of Time and get them their alt flag's.. If I stand next to PoT and use the piggywarp command to get into time with my toons will I get banned?

I see a lot of posts were folks are saying they got banned for warping so I dont want to use it if thats the case.. Or are they warping into monster missions I also read about advtaskwarp getting someone banned and I am not sure what an advtaskwarp is

Kyle100 said:
I want to take my boxed toons into Plane of Time and get them their alt flag's.. If I stand next to PoT and use the piggywarp command to get into time with my toons will I get banned?

I see a lot of posts were folks are saying they got banned for warping so I dont want to use it if thats the case.. Or are they warping into monster missions I also read about advtaskwarp getting someone banned and I am not sure what an advtaskwarp is

Depends on your usage and if you get caught by players.

do you have PoT flag? if u dont u cant simply /zone in at least it hasnt worked for me and yes warp will get you banned if you arent using it wisely but imho if u dont get petitioned its highly unlikely to get banned from it

*ahh I see u can /zone in if u have mq2allzone loaded nice*

Yeah warping will get you banned, but I'm finding more and more that GM's are no longer caring unless you're using it in public. That in no way endorses it's safety, I'm just stating that from experience it's like smoking pot. You can get away with it if you do it in the safety of your own home, but if you're stupid and you walk around bragging about it or doing it in public, your ass is going to get busted sooner or later.

Let's just say that the chances of getting banned are much greater when you warp than when you don't...use it sparingly and carefully...only when you really really need to. Just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers,
Melon

I would simply rephrase the question and turn it into a statement; Warping Can get you banned. However I havent heard of anyone getting banned for it. TBH i have done alot of warping even while GM's are online and never been caught in the 4 years i have used this program.

Only thing i got caught on was Ghosting King in RSS on Emarr.

If you do not do it carelessly in very populated zones you should be fine. And even if you can zone force your way into Time you have 8 mins to do what you gotta do.

just avoid warping in public places (pok,guild lobby, bazaar, etc.) and you should be fine and don't do it directly in front of otherplayers or warp to a spot directly in front of other players and you should be fine.

I agree with TP looks like to me GM's have gotten off the ban wagon.

As a rogue I love the new not-see-me-cause-I'm-SoS feature. I seriously doubt anyone wears see SoS gear on my server and because of that I warp every-freakin-where, target player across zone, /warp/ Now I just wish i could /loot, /do hide quick enough so noone can see me blink in mwa ha ha.

Go into SoS
no one is going in me!!! BANNED. lol.

I warp alot and I still am active. I just hate that random see invis that kills you on a run and even with the GL it still takes to much time. I have things to do and things to kill and running all over the place is not in my agenda. I dont hurt anyones gameplay and I do it in unpopulated zones. So they just leave me alone :)

P.S. im lucky too

They have some log sniffer thing right now that supposedly tracks your movements. Moving from hither to thither with no in-between COULD (not always) flag you and the automated system will ban you without much more than a GM doing a cursory check of the conclusion that the automated system made. I've had friends who don't even use MQ get automated suspensions in the last month or 2. They raised hell and got their shit back, but the system has also nailed one confirmed warper I that I know. He tried to raise hell but just got an outright ban after they went back and double-checked the logs.

Could you get banned? Yes. Are you as likely to get banned compared to being petitioned by a player? No. The automated system is there and it is running. I haven't warped since TSS's release and doubt I ever will again. Lots of people warp daily with no consequences. Not a risk I'm personally willing to take.

Aye clearly it isn't hehe ... like I said we've had some non-users get busted for 'illegal movement packets' and 'unexplainable zone logs' yet some of the biggest hackers I know haven't gotten nailed yet. In any case, it is there and it has gotten folks for it in the past. Neither GM presence nor player witnessing is required these days ... if they ever streamline and perfect it, it will be a dark day indeed.

well I agree because this game will probably come crashing down because of the amout of people they ban lol their would only be a few servers left after they merged what was left of the carnage I really doubt they streamline anything anyways lol

Will Warping get you banned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back