• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Will this launcher be right for me. (1 Viewer)

Rufeo420

RedCents
60¢
Hello I am returning to EQ after MANY years away and am wanting to play EQ as a full group but have only a single friend that even still plays EQ. So naturally said friend told me that the best way will be boxing. I have looked at many box programs and this one SEEMS to be the best one I have come across thus far.

I have watched many of the videos but I am more of a hands on learner. so my main question is to the people that use this program on a regular bases. Is this program one that I can get ahold of use and learn as I use it? Or am I better of watching every video on YouTube and going from there?

Thanks in advance for all answers. :)

Highly recommended to start here, it's how I came back a few years ago. It seems a little daunting, but the boards have a lot of help, and the discord channel is always active too when you have questions, or want suggestions. There are several plugins or macro options to choose from that have varying levels of "plug-and-play" vs "you-got-a-world-to-learn" approach. CWTN plugins have a cost, but are mostly out of the box ready, as is rgmercs. Kissassist is sort of ready to go, with a little twiddling, but you can get started very nearly out of the box too, and gives you more tweakability. I also suspect it sounds more along the lines of what you're wanting with a hands on approach, since it has a lot of prebuilt generic functionality, and you can tweak it to your playstyle as you go. You're not tied to anything though, you can mix/match, or switch from one means of group automation to another any time you want.

Highly recommended to start here, it's how I came back a few years ago. It seems a little daunting, but the boards have a lot of help, and the discord channel is always active too when you have questions, or want suggestions. There are several plugins or macro options to choose from that have varying levels of "plug-and-play" vs "you-got-a-world-to-learn" approach. CWTN plugins have a cost, but are mostly out of the box ready, as is rgmercs. Kissassist is sort of ready to go, with a little twiddling, but you can get started very nearly out of the box too, and gives you more tweakability. I also suspect it sounds more along the lines of what you're wanting with a hands on approach, since it has a lot of prebuilt generic functionality, and you can tweak it to your playstyle as you go. You're not tied to anything though, you can mix/match, or switch from one means of group automation to another any time you want.
yes the kissassist is what drew me in the most I want to be controlling one box while still being in semi control of the situation/grp. I like the merc system they added but well.. we all know how useful they are :p

Hello I am returning to EQ after MANY years away and am wanting to play EQ as a full group but have only a single friend that even still plays EQ. So naturally said friend told me that the best way will be boxing. I have looked at many box programs and this one SEEMS to be the best one I have come across thus far.

I have watched many of the videos but I am more of a hands on learner. so my main question is to the people that use this program on a regular bases. Is this program one that I can get ahold of use and learn as I use it? Or am I better of watching every video on YouTube and going from there?

EQ is a very busy, bloated, and complicated game, so that is already something that can be very daunting after many years away.

MacroQuest, *because* of how complicated eq is, has its own learning curve - things take a while.

it is most useful to get a lvl 2, follow the 5 newbie RG videos > here < and then go at your own pace.

Here's how I would start:
  • Pick a tank class to be your manual "driver" toon
  • Pick a healer as your first box
  • Follow the newbie vids to get a handle on how to control things with just those two characters
  • Add and adjust classes as you start to feel more comfortable
  • At some point, watch the "How I move My Group Around" video from Sic. He goes at a fast pace and you'll be lost if you don't know the basics already, but it's a great video once you've got your feet wet.
At the end of the day, controlling 6 characters isn't that much different than controlling 2 characters. I think you'll have less frustration if you start small and go from there.

Understand the risks. This program is against the EQ terms of service and there have been many recent suspension waves targeting it's users.

It works great, as advertised. But the learning curve is steep and you will likely be spending several days in a row just trying to configure MQ stuff without ever actually playing.

awesome and thanks to everyone that shared on this topic. atm i am just manual MBing with 3. just making looking to make this a lil easier then alt tabing all the time :P

Gifted you Level 2, give it a try. im possitive you will stay with us.

I do recommend watching Sic's videos and looking at his hotkeys stickie thread>

I also highly recommend CWTN plugins but if your more of a hands on then KA is awesome

Question - Will this launcher be right for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back