• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Will MQ2 flag any other games anti cheat software? (1 Viewer)

Solution
No I don’t think it will have any impact if left running. It doesn’t touch any other processes, nothing else would know it is there
Can be tough to remember if MQ was left running, but you can try and create a routine of either closing MQ every time you camp. Or, I use AutoLogin, so maybe try and find a routine to always think about AutoLogin before starting any game and then you'll check if MQ is running.

No I don’t think it will have any impact if left running. It doesn’t touch any other processes, nothing else would know it is there
Not saying it was MQ, I would have to go look at the game, said something about triggering Steams content protection. Pretty sure whoever the others person was about 6 months ago (hytiek im 99% sure) got a email from his game saying about anti-cheat software triggering.

Well let’s let them post the details about it then and not pass second hand information?

The loader is designed like a typical app and is not some “cheat software” that anti cheats are going around trying to detect.

I leave it running all the time and play games on steam and never had an issue.

If there is a specific issue id like to hear about it.

I cannot speak for any other games but WOW used to have an anti-cheating system called 'warden' that can detect it. However, it violated the 'privacy' or gdpr rules of some European countries. So no, WOW cannot really detect this like they used to. (unless you do something very obvious in game, but that's just the in game deductions, not your physical computer space)

Also, windows OS now makes it slightly harder for any app to have such elevated security. (unless the user explicitly grants it)

tldr;
You will know if that game is intrusive (assuming you are using windows since EQ only works on windows). When you see a popup asking for elevated privilege, you will know that something is up and you can be better protected against it in worst case scenario.

Hope this helps!

Question - Will MQ2 flag any other games anti cheat software?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back