• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Games - Wiimote AoC update (1 Viewer)

Thules

RedCents
Yeah, so I'm a crackhead for taking this project on, but it's become a fun little project, even if it turns out to be useless.

I've been working on coding a script for the Wiimote using Glovepie

It's pretty simple, albeit buggy occasionally.
And I'm set up a DDR pad for movement, which I haven't tested since I'm still working on this Wiimote thing, and yes I do realize this is very nerdy.

So yeah, update for this Wiimote AoC project:

The guy from http://groups.google.com/group/wiimoteyourconan/ is being a fucknut and not responding to me, so I took it upon myself to rewrite the code using bits from other people's more-accurate coding.

The thing is I realized that this won't be all inclusive for every class, because the Wiimote only has a few buttons, and each class has different things that are important for them. So I'm writing mine as a guardian. Here is what I got.

Wiimote pointed at screen = mouse
Wiimote A = Mouse left click
Wiimote Plus = Mouse right click (for mouse view, not sure if this works)
Wiimote flick/swing left,down,right = attack left, forward, right
Wiimote B = Shift (sprint)
Wiimoute Double click B = Space (Jump)
Wiimote Minus = J (Quest Journal)
Wiimote Home = Tab (Targetting)
Wiimote Two = M (Map)
Wiimote One = I (Info/Inventory)
Wiimote D-pad = Action keys 1, 2, 3, 4

Nunchuk flick left,down,up,right = move shielding left, down, up, right
(Not sure if active shielding is even useful, but if this makes it easier I'll test it)
Nunchuk Z = Alt
Nunchuk C = Ctrl
Nunchuk Joystick = Action keys 5-0 and -,=

(I'm also thinking of making the Joystick into mouselook, but I'm not sure if this is possible because I already have the mouse technically assigned to the IR)

DDR Pad
Forward, Backward = obviously
Left, Right = Strafe left / right (Depending on whether I can get mouselook to work or not)

Other DDR pad keys... Idunno yet.

If nobody is interested in this, fine. But I figure I'd see if anyone has any feedback on this. Something they'd like to see implemented etc.

I was looking at Gesture Recognition, where if you make a V shape in front of the screen it would execute a specific combo / spell. While I was LOOKING at this, I had a problem finding any way of accomplishing this with my own code. There are several nice scripts written in Java, but I have no knowledge of that, and it seems there isn't a mechanism to record saved gestures on those anyways.

So yeah, that's where I'm at so far. Any extra input would be appreciated, as I'm sure there has been some stuff I haven't thought of.

YOU TUBE

this is awesome. dude, if you get this on youtube, you better be wearing a loincloth and be oiled up good.

I smell the next "what what in the butt" waiting to happen, and i mean that in the very best way possible. ;) BY CROM!

Lols, Larp ftw! I doubt you'll see me in a loin cloth anytime soon.

Still having a problem with the g'damn script. I'm an idiot with coding.

In other news my Guardian is lvl 61, and I'm still having fun :P

Games - Wiimote AoC update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back