• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Where does a warrior get his DPS from? (1 Viewer)

Kingkiller71

RedCents
1,255¢
So, I have a 120 warrior on all access. I am using the NOS 120 ini file for skills / rotations, but there are a few clicky items I'm missing out on - Jann's Veil etc.

I have AAs of 26000 and am currently working through CA and CS in General.

I am wearing NOS T1 visible pieces and admit my jewellery is a bit lacking (collection of 100 - 110 pieces).

I am using a 1hs (Ice Fiend's Blade) and a shield (Icy Bulwark).

I've been reading some warriors are hitting at least 300k dps - my poor fella averages around 30k DPS - 30k!!

My 120 mages with similar gear are getting around 200k DPS and my 110 SK is averaging about 65k.

Any thoughts on where I could be going so wrong?

So, I have a 120 warrior on all access. I am using the NOS 120 ini file for skills / rotations, but there are a few clicky items I'm missing out on - Jann's Veil etc.

I have AAs of 26000 and am currently working through CA and CS in General.

I am wearing NOS T1 visible pieces and admit my jewellery is a bit lacking (collection of 100 - 110 pieces).

I am using a 1hs (Ice Fiend's Blade) and a shield (Icy Bulwark).

I've been reading some warriors are hitting at least 300k dps - my poor fella averages around 30k DPS - 30k!!

My 120 mages with similar gear are getting around 200k DPS and my 110 SK is averaging about 65k.

Any thoughts on where I could be going so wrong?
for all of your toons you really do want the best mount, illusion, and familiar you can get --- for illusion that is jann's veil

warriors you really want to be using the warrior weapons. they get a special high delay 1h (it has hate on it)
this is the NoS T1 sword - see how it has a huge delay on it?
1701097106295.png

you can DW 2 of the best ones you can get for some stupid damage.

edited to add: i would focus on getting the 1h and then either another 1h or a 2h like durango mentioned. the reason to focus on the primary weapon is so you can shield --- you can't shield with a 2h

your type 5s are going to substantially impact your dps too

47k - 6k for tradeskill, still puts you around 15000 AA's short.. get about half of those will make you a lot better. war do best DPS with a 2hd, after that DW... S/B if your NEEDING to run that to stay alive, the DPS isnt gonna matter (look how fast they are dying, wups i wiped)

Thanks for all of the advice guys. Guess I'm further back in my progression than I thought. :(

Looks like you've peeled back another layer of the Everquest onion!!

As ever, I'll soldier on and keep an eye out for that 1hs to drop in the zone when no-one needs lol.

You need to get to the point where you don't need a shield to tank asap. From there stay dual wielding unless you absolutely have to use a shield. Dual wielding is basically like the reason to play a War in the group game vs a SK or PAL. Its a hybrid tank/dps weapon specialization.

Most of warrior dps is just from auto attack. They have very high sustained dps for a tank, but they don't get much of anything for dps cooldowns. They benefit greatly from adps too. Bard, bst and zerker in particular.

You'll find it'll incrementally get better as you add more dps AAs. Keep in mind some abilities scale up a lot more when you cross the next expansions tier.

For example, my rogue this weekend in all group gear, did 1.7-1.9k dps typically with just autogrant at 85 (up to oow AAs). after about 300 AAs into burst of power, triple back stab, backstab accuracy and vets wrath its not uncommon to see 2.3-2.6k with some fights being 3.0k+ no burns. One of the burst of power ranks was around a 10% jump in chance to double attack which was huge.

You'll see the same type of increases as you go, also make sure you stack Hdex type 5s, that will make a huge difference.

Well i bought a better 2hs for now. It seems to be working better, I'm averaging 120k dps now. I'm tempted to splash out on some 'decent' weapons but with the new expansion coming out soon, I'm hoping there'll be a flood of cheap new weapons coming onto the market.

I'm good enough at moment to tank the trash and named in ToV which is where I'm kinda at right now. I do have a beastlord on the verge of lvl 120 so I could use him in the group and swap out a mage?!? The beastlord is going to be in the same position though with poor augs, AAs and gear.

I also need to work out where the NoS zones are lol as I hear of items rotting but currently have no idea how to get there.... some late night reading possibly...

make sure your warrior is also using battle leap (it goes in the song window) and has his stances activated (goes in the buff window) had a guildy not do this a few weeks ago

47k - 6k for tradeskill, still puts you around 15000 AA's short.. get about half of those will make you a lot better. war do best DPS with a 2hd, after that DW... S/B if your NEEDING to run that to stay alive, the DPS isnt gonna matter (look how fast they are dying, wups i wiped)
Dual wield will get you 95% of the way to 2 hand DPS without the drawbacks defensively. But dead warriors do no tanking nor dps.

Well i bought a better 2hs for now. It seems to be working better, I'm averaging 120k dps now. I'm tempted to splash out on some 'decent' weapons but with the new expansion coming out soon, I'm hoping there'll be a flood of cheap new weapons coming onto the market.

I'm good enough at moment to tank the trash and named in ToV which is where I'm kinda at right now. I do have a beastlord on the verge of lvl 120 so I could use him in the group and swap out a mage?!? The beastlord is going to be in the same position though with poor augs, AAs and gear.

I also need to work out where the NoS zones are lol as I hear of items rotting but currently have no idea how to get there.... some late night reading possibly...
From all reports the Laurions Song weapons will be a massive DPS upgrade over anything currently out. How easy they will be to obtain is an open question.
Basically speaking 30k DPS is a warrior turning auto attack on with base All Access and level 110 ish gear without augs. Get even tradable weapons from TOL or any no trade from NOS and auto attack on with no aa skill or otherwise will be around 100k. Get your type 5 and 7/8 augs in and full group gear from NOS and similar aa and you will be looking at 200k ish DPS max out the defensive then offensive aa for the warrior and you'll add another 50k there. Add in your battle leap and imperators command etc and you will be doing 300k on pretty much any non raid mob. From there lots of minor or lesser things will get you up to 500k without too much effort on any one item but each little bit adds up. 7% on TOV Luminious Ice aug 10% damage on megadeath (long kill quest) and so on.

For perspective T1 LS grp weapons are better ratio then NOS ore raid weaps. In a war/ber/bst/brd/shm+random 6th with NOS raid gear and crit cap from dex im sustaining about 1 million dps with my war while dual wield tanking.
As others have said with factors that will boost your dps:
get more hdex (type 5 and 7 augs)
Improve the quality of your gear and weapons, are you on FV or another live server?
If you’re able to get raid arms/legs even from CoV or ToV these have a better cleave and fero focus then modern grp gear.
Get your AAs up, you’ve still got a lot of growth from those
You don’t discuss group composition much that you’re using outside of your mage and sk numbers. Warriors are absorbers, they basically benefit from all things that can boost melee dmg. Ber synergy on a crit capped warrior is a huge boost, monk synergy is a boost as well, bst is huge because of the HHE effects they have (dicho being a high uptime one). If you’re running around with adps support for casters, your warrior isn’t going to be performing as high as it could be but others in group in theory should be benefiting

For perspective T1 LS grp weapons are better ratio then NOS ore raid weaps. In a war/ber/bst/brd/shm+random 6th with NOS raid gear and crit cap from dex im sustaining about 1 million dps with my war while dual wield tanking.
As others have said with factors that will boost your dps:
get more hdex (type 5 and 7 augs)
Improve the quality of your gear and weapons, are you on FV or another live server?
If you’re able to get raid arms/legs even from CoV or ToV these have a better cleave and fero focus then modern grp gear.
Get your AAs up, you’ve still got a lot of growth from those
You don’t discuss group composition much that you’re using outside of your mage and sk numbers. Warriors are absorbers, they basically benefit from all things that can boost melee dmg. Ber synergy on a crit capped warrior is a huge boost, monk synergy is a boost as well, bst is huge because of the HHE effects they have (dicho being a high uptime one). If you’re running around with adps support for casters, your warrior isn’t going to be performing as high as it could be but others in group in theory should be benefiting
And a bard boosts all melee a very large amount.

Question - Where does a warrior get his DPS from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back