• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - When to build MQ for Test? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,666¢
I have seen a couple of posts talking of the EQ Test server having patch maintenance. The posts here, were made yesterday.
Looking at the DBG server status page now, Test, is currently showing as up.

Normally, after some Live maintenance of EQ, some hours later the VV MQ2 build is made available that is compatible with that new update.
I think the RG Launcher will do the same for those wanting to play on the Test server.

But my question is about building MQ2 for use on Test server.

Is it a plan to wait until the RG launcher is updated ( not to use it for binary install, but as a sign come indicator ) to then update my local repository from Git and do my own local build for use with the Test server?

I'm just trying to understand what the best practice is here, and what various RG developers do in regards to timing of stopping & resuming dev work on Test around patch time.

Regards and Best Wishes

Well, I don't really want to play on Test.

I'm looking to build, so I can continue the work with regards development, update and test of code contribution into the RG VV build.

Therefore the requirement to build VV MQ2 for use on Test, is bourne from not being in position to build it for Live.
Pretty much same views on the central MQ2 build. I'm not fussed what it has, or another fork of MQ2 has. I'm doing things in the RG VV fork of MQ2 and so look to operate against that repo.

No great hurry, been twiddling thumbs for over a week, and just feel like getting back on the horse.

I think the answer to my question is to watch the VV MQ2 repo on git.
There has been this update made - "MQ2 Auto Sync 03/03/2021 10:44:59 "

The timing of that coincides with the eqmule twit posts that others have mentioned about updates for test:
vv mq2 test & eqmule twit

The repo has 13 changes, 11 into Main, and 2 into Releases. The latter being, "Changes.txt" and "MQ2Ic.dll".
With regards Main, that has data offset changes, which I think is the key things to wait for. The new test eq client, has moved things which eqmule has adapted to.

It feels the earliest is to wait for a eqmule push, and the safest is to wait for the Launcher to offer a client, as then we will know the git repo for VV MQ2 is current for test building.

Question - When to build MQ for Test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back