• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What’s your least favorite class? (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
I saw the other question about your favorite class and it got me thinking... what is my least favorite class?

-what’s your least favorite class in classic?
-least favorite class currently?
-if you could kill one class, what would it be?

My answers are,
-wizard
-bard
-sk

I saw the other question about your favorite class and it got me thinking... what is my least favorite class?

-what’s your least favorite class in classic?
-least favorite class currently?
-if you could kill one class, what would it be?

My answers are,
-wizard
-bard
-sk
Hmm good question. I am going to get hate mail for this, but I utterly hate bards. By hate them I mean playing them. I only got one to 55 so I am not technically qualified to hate them, however I hated play my bard.
Currently I hate my cleric. Some background I was a main raid cleric from discord through TBM. The reason I hate him now is because mercs have made him obsolete. If I am ever able to find a group (I no longer raid, just returned from a 2 year break) I get comments like "I hope you don't mind but I am going to leave my merc up" and seeing how I was lfg for so long I can't be picky and say never mind I'll keep lfg.
If I could kill a class it would be the mercenary. I know that's not what you meant, but it had to be said.
Since I can't kill the merc I would kill the SK. Why? Because they are so badass they are making my pally look like a paper tank.

Hmm good question. I am going to get hate mail for this, but I utterly hate bards. By hate them I mean playing them. I only got one to 55 so I am not technically qualified to hate them, however I hated play my bard.
Currently I hate my cleric. Some background I was a main raid cleric from discord through TBM. The reason I hate him now is because mercs have made him obsolete. If I am ever able to find a group (I no longer raid, just returned from a 2 year break) I get comments like "I hope you don't mind but I am going to leave my merc up" and seeing how I was lfg for so long I can't be picky and say never mind I'll keep lfg.
If I could kill a class it would be the mercenary. I know that's not what you meant, but it had to be said.
Since I can't kill the merc I would kill the SK. Why? Because they are so badass they are making my pally look like a paper tank.
Dangit, Gave you Redcents due to the merc comments but want to take them back because you are a Pally :P

This is a silly response, but I love all the EQ classes..... thematically. The idea of them, and what they represent. How I envision them in my head.
Unfortunately they don't all live up to that idea.

I would say Paladin is my least favorite class.
Internally I think of a strong plate wearing badass, a shining beacon of holy energies and justice. They can tank, they can heal, they can stun enemies, they can root monsters, they can resurrect the dead in a less abominable way than Necromancers, and they can cast some pretty rad HP buffs. They get some cool unique items, flaming swords and weapons with 2.0 ratios as 1 handers (early EQ).
In practice though, they just feel so flat. They are just less than, when compared to the other two tanks. They can't be dedicated healers despite having some ability to do so (obviously). They are pretty bad DPS as well compared to other tanks and especially compared to real DPS. All this in conjunction with the inability to be an Ogre just really feels bad.

Sorry Paladin main. I know your struggle can't be an easy one

Disclaimer My views are skewed by the limitation of content I played a lot of. I know ridiculous weapon ratios are a norm in EQ live now. Maybe Paladins are good too. I don't know.

Might be so but you still don't know how to play one what songs are good and what are so so.... I find its better to play a character without the automation just to know how and what it can do. Once understood how to play one then the choice to automate or not is then up to you.

Discussion - What’s your least favorite class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back