• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What’s the worst zone in eq?? (1 Viewer)

Worst is the underwater zones, followed by slippery floor zones.

Best & most underrated: Plane of Hate 2.0. First, the design is beautiful. It looks like an old eastern European city. Second the four progressive zones. The deeper you go, the tougher the mobs. I can't think of another EQ zone that does this. The Marsinger quest was great in its day, and finally, the mobs had the funniest agro lines. "Hold still, this will only hurt for an eternity."

Such a great zone.

Worst zone: Tower of Rot, running around the stairs and getting caught on the dumb pillars, pfftt.
Underrated: Nexus, the zone times are amazing.
Best zone: Ethernere Tainted West Karana. I like the music, the opening storyline of the expansion, the different areas that have different types of mobs, and so on.

The deeper you go, the tougher the mobs. I can't think of another EQ zone that does this.
The Hole / Ruins of Old Paineel does this, earth elementals in the beginning, gargoyles and such at the end.

I've probably chimed in here before, but TDS had 3 of my worst zones of all time: Degmar (those stupid bridges and jacked pathing), Caverns, and Arx Mentis (that stupid teleporter in the temple would get toons.

Wasn't a fan of the ramps or missions in Tempest either. Loved having toons miss the islands.

Mistmoore and Guk Live side severely underrated. Guk dead side was like Mos Eisley.

I'd say Stratos...it's pretty but pretty much impossible to play in without falling to your doom or popping back at zi with half the zone coming to getcha.

I previously answered this but I am thinking my answer should have been...The worst one is the last one you logged into before you were suspended.
That would be Great Divide then! That sob zone got me good.

Combining experience from my 1st and 2nd go arounds with EQ.

Worst: Crystal Caverns Shard edition. I hate this zone. Pathing issues, agro issues with pulling 4 levels of mobs (with AOE off. 1 mob will path 15 miles pulling everything with it).

Underrated: Howling Stones. The original (not sure if there if there is a remake). Loved this zone on my Nec. Zone in, FD, get lay of land of what's up. Start pulling. My favorite experience was 6 lvl 60 Necros in Arch Lich, with 6 spectre pets. Clearing the entire zone. Epic!

Best: Plane of Fear. I loved being part of the break in team. The zone was challenging. I live for that.

Best: Old Freeport. First toon was a Human Paladin in 2000 and it all started here. Ping Fuzzlecutter at his tent. The big Ogre vendor near the gate that made me laugh. Running back to the guards when I took one too many snake kicks. Seeing a Dwarf Paladin run by with his flaming sword epic and chasing him around just to look at it. Fuck new Freeport with a large Troll crank.

Worst: Unpopular opinion amongst EQ vets, but LGuk. As a human Paladin before ultravision was on every helmet, I couldn't see shit in this zone and also had no vision buff of my own. Not a fan of zones with traps/pits/fake walls where everything looks the same, and this was all that. Plus not having a normal invis spell of my own to make it through UGuk.

Underrated: OG Frontier Mountains. Loved the giant fort. Played here so long that my family always joked that I was going to go fight some more giant crotch, as that is what was always on my screen in first person view. That rush when randoming 100 for the uber rare Forest Loop drop! My first real meaningful loot.

Discussion - What’s the worst zone in eq??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back