• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What zone has the worst pathing? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
363¢
Recently went to Tempest Temple, and reading allakhazam they said the pathing was abysmal. I didn't quite understand just how bad until I wiped my team 2x. It's doable, yes, but fun, no not really. Another awful one is the spider room in Bloodmoon Keep.

What zones do you absolutely hate for catastrophic mob pathing?

Some of the LDON's, The Underquarry, Resplendent Temple or any zone that has swirling paths that go up or down where mobs take short cuts to get you
I am never successful running LDoN with the way pathing is. I suppose because it's instanced? But it works mainly until there is uneven ground

TOFS in TOV sucked cause of the ice in the center room on floor 1, moving around there was a pain if you didnt have a pet class to try and pet pull.

PoI is pretty awful for pulling PL trains, I've avoided that zone because of that reason.

MG last night I pulled a blob in the metal slime room from the top of the ramp and he warped to the second or third floor and brought friends that proceeded to warp on me.

Dulak back in the day you could strafe near a spot by the entrance and force mobs to run back and forth, was a good headshot spot back before vinelash.

I forget exactly where it was, I think it was lost gnomes instance but I used to run the barrier of the wall and my train of drachnids would warp behind me so it was pretty easy to gather them all up.

I seem to remember a similar warping bug in luclin where if i could sick my pet on something, it aggroed and if I sat against a wall the mob would warp to me and avoid multi pulls... this was back in the day when pets didn't have their own aggroe like today.

Find pathing in Halas is the best.

unknown.png

NAV pathing is terrible in unrest. It's like it doesnt recognize -any- of the doors. Haven't messed with the mesh either (dont know how). I just avoid closed spaces like that now.

Discussion - What zone has the worst pathing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back