• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What should i do before my kronos run out? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,449¢
I have a little over a week before the group of paid accounts (krono) with the free 100 heroics become FTP.
The group is 115 now, with Champion and Paragon of ToV, full snowbound gear.
Its been fun to watch them go from useless to almost competent.
And a big part of that is me, learning how to run the group with RGMercs.
Auto-grant is turned on, and I have been working on all their overseers. I got them all some of the most important anniversary doodads.
Its a caster group. I have avoided all prestige gear, as I intend to play them as FTP.
Some of the accounts also have some old random alts between 70 and 90. So I made sure to turn on Auto-Grant on those, to get them some free AA.
Am I forgetting or overlooking something?
What should i do before my kronos on this caster group run out in about a week?
Any comments, suggestions, or ideas are welcome.
Thank you.

I have a little over a week before the group of paid accounts (krono) with the free 100 heroics become FTP.
Auto-grant is turned on, and I have been working on all their overseers. I got them all some of the most important anniversary doodads.
Its a caster group. I have avoided all prestige gear, as I intend to play them as FTP.
Some of the accounts also have some old random alts between 70 and 90. So I made sure to turn on Auto-Grant on those, to get them some free AA.
Thank you.
If they need an epic or a drop out of a raid zone that requires all access (COA) get that taken care of now. Finish out AA as much as possible including the stuff that you don't think you will need. Do any collections missions, quests etc you intend to do now before it stops giving aa. Do any spell runes for t2 spells that you might want in the future now rather than wait until later. You can still use the t1 version of them if you get them but you can use t2 version either with a latter addition from DB store or a later krono.

Edit - If feeling really energetic get all the other alts to 115 to make full use of the auto grant AA

If they need an epic or a drop out of a raid zone that requires all access (COA) get that taken care of now. Finish out AA as much as possible including the stuff that you don't think you will need. Do any collections missions, quests etc you intend to do now before it stops giving aa. Do any spell runes for t2 spells that you might want in the future now rather than wait until later. You can still use the t1 version of them if you get them but you can use t2 version either with a latter addition from DB store or a later krono.

Edit - If feeling really energetic get all the other alts to 115 to make full use of the auto grant AA
Yeah, that is a good point, i could level the other alts.
And I didn't know there were raid zones that require all access! I will look into that.
I knew about the t2 spell runes.
I think i will probably krono them all again when the auto-grant gets bumped up again. But yeah, in the meantime, I should get them as much AA as I can now.
Good ideas. Thank you.

You do not need all access for raid zones or epics. You need it if you want to use the Agent of change to access those raid zones. It is very hard to get a lot of the raid mobs outside of Agent of Change zones, especially if you want to do epics.

I us
Are you on a weird server? I'm on live and have done it a ton
I just recently returned to playing EQ ... In the re-getting use to playing period. All my Gear went yellow :/ being on a fixed income now. I am evaluating FTP.
The normal access in No Ro I could not find. (FV server) I had to create a guild to access to the Zone with the Guild portal.
Are Kono 5 to 6 million on all servers?

edit sorry ... you were talking -- Agents of change I had had COV "Claws of Veeshan" on the Brain.

I us

I just recently returned to playing EQ ... In the re-getting use to playing period. All my Gear went yellow :/ being on a fixed income now. I am evaluating FTP.
The normal access in No Ro I could not find. (FV server) I had to create a guild to access to the Zone with the Guild portal.

edit sorry ... you were talking -- Agents of change I had had COV "Claws of Veeshan" on the Brain.
No worries. And yeah Agents of Change require full access, but Citadel of Anguish shouldn't. Too many similar acronyms :)

I us

Access to what in No Ro? If you want to go to Eastern Wastes (TOV) then you would ctl-F for Belinda to get on her griffon to EW

All servers have an in game guild that anyone can join for the use of the basic portal guy. For future reference for those in the same position if you don't want to join a guild or don't want to create your own. But by creating your own your one step ahead of things to come lol.

Krono vary in price but right now 5-6 is average on a couple of the servers I play on. Used to be 11 on FV and 4 on the other servers but seems they have all evened out.

As far as Anguish goes - anyone can do, even solo, Anguish with alts - just use those to make your six in the group and then you can get in. They don't have to be in the zone and can be offline. Can be kinda tricky doing the invites but after you do it once you get the hang of it. No need for Agents of Change or paid access for that one.

My F2P accounts show they have 27 expansions included so that would be COV (Claws of Veeshan). However any F2P can access the latest expansion if they buy it. You don't need a sub to buy an expansion or to enter an expansion if you bought it.

Hope this helps clarify some stuff. But probably confuses it more lol

Is there a list/guide to what gear a FTP player can use? I normally keep my main accounts subbed, but I am looking at a bot army of FTP to see how much damage I can do in-game :)

Also, if you are FTP, and ONLY have RkII spells, will they just automatically revert to Rk1 for use, or because you do not have the Rk 1 version, they are not available at all?

Is there a list/guide to what gear a FTP player can use? I normally keep my main accounts subbed, but I am looking at a bot army of FTP to see how much damage I can do in-game :)

Also, if you are FTP, and ONLY have RkII spells, will they just automatically revert to Rk1 for use, or because you do not have the Rk 1 version, they are not available at all?
If you have rk 2 and go ftp, you will cast the rk 1 version with no issues

Added fyi for reference: If you sub or krono at least two months, you can also get enough db cash to buy the rk 2 unlock if desired

Are you on FV? If so hook up with Rob R. He will do you right and help with suggestions on armor. He knows his stuff on that!

As a general rule of thumb, anything that comes from a T1 zone is usually non-prestige

You really want to keep your tank subbed. the rest just means lower dps and heal strength but a weak tank could be very bad for your group. grab the necessary aas as u go on it, dont just beat it up to 125 without doing so. u might be able to handle it if its an sk but it wont be anything but trouble in the long run. u also want augs for it.. u can look up a list of non prestige augs, there r a few lower lv ones iirc. not good but...

One of the good things is the ftp usable gear is actually not bad at all for group content kills. Names in cov/tol at lower tier zones arent too bad as far as dmg go. Most of that early content is mainly tank and spank at group lv and doesnt hit too hard/fast. ( in the tier 1 zones). not missions, not higher tier zones, those can be bad. Rule of thumb.. just keep names facing away from group like always and should be ok for the most part in these zones. LI is also pretty easy in t1 and its a really easy group gear booster. stuff drops like rain and u can stock up on the t3 craftable gallant gear for toons u think about using it on. ( tank ) I kinda think the names in LI/Tim falls/AK are easier than most of the ToL content was at first.

Best of luck man, Enjoy your play time.

ZD

Thank you.
@PricklyGoat723 finish your AA's, get your guild hall set-up if you're doing a burner guild for that team and decorate it

fixer upper GIF

Demo day motherf..kers

@PricklyGoat723 finish your AA's, get your guild hall set-up if you're doing a burner guild for that team and decorate it

fixer upper GIF

Demo day motherf..kers
So you do have to be all access to set up the guild hall and decorate but when he goes F2P he will not be able to move or set anything in it. Unless he keeps at least one character paid and with all rights and permissions.

He could just join the in game guild or make a guild of his own and use the standard hall on the right door. If he doesn't care about customizing it.

This might help with his decisions

Basically the t1 gear in an expansion is non-prestige. My guys are currently in snowbound (ToV) because CoV (the latest unlocked expansion) t1 pieces are no drop and that's a pita to me. I don't have LS to confirm, but I would assume this holds true in it as well so level increase expansions have tradeable f2p gear.

So you do have to be all access to set up the guild hall and decorate but when he goes F2P he will not be able to move or set anything in it. Unless he keeps at least one character paid and with all rights and permissions.
Yes, I already have an ALT guild with 10 members, and the leader is an ALT on my main (subbed) account.
But I'm glad you mentioned that, I didn't know that decorating was all-access only.
That would have been a bummer if I didn't have that covered, so great suggestion.

Is there a list/guide to what gear a FTP player can use?
FTP players can use non-prestige armor, in descending order of power (EQ Resource links included):
These are all quest armor, which basically follows the format of
  1. loot/bazaar a tradable (usually) container
  2. put something inside (usually expensive)
  3. combine it (no fail) into the precise, non-tradable piece for your class, so always have the wearer do the combine

FTP players can use non-prestige armor, in descending order of power (EQ Resource links included):
These are all quest armor, which basically follows the format of
  1. loot/bazaar a tradable (usually) container
  2. put something inside (usually expensive)
  3. combine it (no fail) into the precise, non-tradable piece for your class, so always have the wearer do the combine
This is good stuff. Thank you for making it nice and easy to read with levels and all. Will revisit when I have RC available :)

When I krono a toon, it's for he sole purpose of max level and max aa. Usually get this in 2-4 weeks depending on where the toon started, fresh or heroic. The second krono if you want the DB to purchase the rank II perk and a food and drink clicky.

I would probably camp and get all the FTP augs available to you in TBM if you don't have them. TBM is the last expansion that had augs for FTP. You could do this after the krono runs out, but if your gear is better right no (aka some prestige gear) it will be faster. Otherwise pretty much what the others said.

If you are a masochist you could max out the tradeskill AA's so that you can get the maximum stat artisan prize. This is the best aug you will EVER get as FTP.

You could also buy LS on your tank, and try to get as many AA's as possible in the newer expansion and level him up a bit. That would make it easier to adventure in ToL when it becomes FTP in June.

Last edited:
for FTP gear able stuff on the Bazaar search I do a non prestige flag on . For the Armor will only show up the post combine AKA used armor. But in must cases Group / Raid gear rank 1 is FTP usable. Double check the Raid gear it is not always the same per release.
Player Crafted ( Gear with the best stats ) tends to prestige. Finding the Type 5 Augs that are non prestige level 75 - 105 Plain of life group vender are the only ones I know of so far.
For example I found that ranks of Faded Snow gear is FTPable while the Faded ICE ice gear is not. You can check the faded armor drops with a button on the description window that show it results in the later expansions.
Note if it Purple is it still usable just the prestige item(s) on it is not. The purity Augs are prestige. I would leave them on because it adds to the resale value to it.
Just unequip it are re equip it ... if you stats change then is it useable.

The main problem I have with gear is that you level too dam fast. Even before you break it in you need to upgrade it.
So a road map of gearing up would be useful So far I only know 75 -105 plane of life 110 - 115 faded snow currently 115ish
any suggestion for Augs would be great.
edit PricklyGoat listed the armor

I would probably camp and get all the FTP augs available to you in TBL if you don't have them. TBL is the last expansion that had augs for FTP. You could do this after the krono runs out, but if your gear is better right no (aka some prestige gear) it will be faster. Otherwise pretty much what the others said.

If you are a masochist you could max out the tradeskill AA's so that you can get the maximum stat artisan prize. This is the best aug you will EVER get as FTP.

You could also buy LS on your tank, and try to get as many AA's as possible in the newer expansion and level him up a bit. That would make it easier to adventure in ToL when it becomes FTP in June.

Like the above mentions camp and get all the ftp augments you can. they will be a pita to get but will save your toons rear ends in the end. :) also do all your progression for the three heroic aa's. they matter. And when the above mentions TBL I am hoping they miss typed and ment TBM.

Question - What should i do before my kronos run out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back