• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What problem do people need solved with a Lua? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,633¢
Pronouns
He/Him
So I’m really enjoying writing Lua programs to solve the problems that I’ve personally been running into, such as not knowing when a Druid/wizard port is available that can help me get to where I’m going faster.

I’m really curious about what problems others have been running into that I may be able to throw some stuff together for. I’m hoping to get a list together of projects to work on after I get my PotionMaker program to a more complete state without just starting down the rabbit hole of making trade skill helpers.

So please let me know if there’s something that you’ve been hoping to run across a solution to.

Consolidated list:

• Kookies - Slayer achievement tracker
  • Num1pkfutura: TS mat farmer
  • Deadcities - TBM Aug Swapper
  • Secret_wombat - UPF and MH cycle | CWTN deconflicter
  • Szazor - FindItemSet
  • Joakhan - Give alt currency to leader
  • Rare Spawn - Missing Collection Tool
  • Eqsubi15 - Raid management GUI
  • Scoops420 - Alt currency interactions
  • Sic - Looting system
  • ArcaneProphet - Toggle looting epic drops
  • Hackzimus: Stats condense and upgrade suggest | Analyze and suggest augs | boxr/button master combo | TS mat farm lookup | GINA timer tool | AA analyzer and suggest | Group Rally | Buff stacking conflict notifier | Tanking DPS meter | Enemy debuff tracker | Consolidate and track group items
  • Rusang: Aug Remover
  • Szazor: Started a Raid Assister and would like someone to collaborate with
  • Lanceval: Group and Raid manager
  • Littch: Search for augs to remove from old gear and slot into new
  • Setsuni: Raid Window group saver tool | Jann’s Veil leveler
  • Kilroy03: MercRez
  • Dufus: Auto missions from older expansions
  • Myysterio: Condition setter and KissAssist starter
  • K9Carter: Track group task progress
  • Whatsaname: PoisonMaker | TinkerTool
  • Neumono: Stuck character notification
  • Turaj Steelfist: Items return to original slot after bandoleer
  • Afortner87: Give all money to a toon
  • Apop: Mob DPS balance window | Priority kill window
  • Gaelicboy: AugCheck
  • Almafa: More automated quests and missions (anything specific?)
  • Robban: Check and set /autoskill | SoD Aug item seller to Tavid Dennant
  • Naturesong: Raid management GUI
  • Diamondmine: Raid translocator
  • Doc James: Any member corpse run
  • Granditos: TS/Raid trophy swap
  • Notgametime: LDoN grind
  • That1guy: Swap augs from old gear
  • Jayah: TS items back to original locations
  • Robban: Persona swapper
  • Councilman: Back off if constant out of range
  • Dewey2461: Chat filters | Hide players, pets, and names if they reappear
  • RobRenfro: Collection sorter
  • Eqsubi15: Aug manager UI
  • Afortner87: Ping window
  • Damon: TasteTest

Last edited:
I think this already exists but a UI that shows your whole groups quest window on the main driver and which task they're all on, too many times i've tried to do quests and one of my guys would miss a step/loot item and i wouldn't notice until i was at the next task
Not a window or UI, but Sic's MQ2Status does wonders including this. /bcga //status queststep xxxxxx is an absolute godsend.

Just posted the resource
Found some code for the jester:
quest::say("How about a little wine to quench your thirst?");
$c->SummonItem(quest::ChooseRandom(64046, 64047), 10);

quest::say("Try a bite of my tasty bread. I make it myself.");
$c->SummonItem(quest::ChooseRandom(64044, 64045), 10);

It looks like 64044,64045,64046, and 64047 are the items he summons and Looking at the good items I know are 64044 and 64046 i am guessing 64045 and 64047 are the bad versions.

Just posted the resource TasteTest and it’s awaiting approval. Hopefully it’ll be available some time tomorrow.

1707524780703.jpeg

I’ve updated the first post to consolidate and I’m gonna keep plugging away at it. This thread has been an absolute goldmine for learning opportunities and want to thank you all.

For those that are seeking learning projects, feel free to “check one out”. If you are interested in collaborating or have questions, either send me a message here or in discord.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Thank you all for this awesome list. I’m still working on polishing a few existing resources and just started work on a PoisonCrafter to leverage work put into PotionMaker. Let me know if you’d like to claim one of these projects or to collaborate on anything.

My current notes:

AugCheck:
-Allow searching by stat -- Completed 2/16/2024

TBMSwap:
-List of gear with checkboxes -- Completed 2/19/2024
-Overhaul functions like potionmaker -- Completed 2/19/2024

PotionMaker:
-Get more money if needed
-Check trade skill depot
-Need to travel to different vendors for some recipes

PoisonCrafter
-Create poison DB
-Reuse potionmaker code
-Consider a reverse recipe lookup (by item)
(Either hold on cursor and click or slash command) (maybe a text field)
-- Completed 2/18/2024
-Ini to track favorite recipes

FindItemSet:
-Add type 18 and 19
-Check equipped or inventory
-Ini to save settings

Last edited:
One thing I would like to see, is a way to donate to tribute, on a per character basis of some sort. Like all the ton of crap that is normally rotting on the Final Fugue chest, that I loot for tribute, but I have those same items equipped on other characters, or in their bag as an alternate weapon (2 hand vs 1 hand weapons, for example). Maybe a gui to pull up the list of tribute items that I have 'marked' somehow, then add some items to my character ignore list. Then actually tribute the items automatically to either the personal tribute person, or guild tribute person, until you get the message about 'tribute favor cap has been reached'(I cannot remember the exact string). I tried other loot managers in the past for this (Lootly?) , but never liked them as much, so I went back to MQ2AutoLoot plugin.

Thank you all for this awesome list. I’m still working on polishing a few existing resources and just started work on a PoisonCrafter to leverage work put into PotionMaker. Let me know if you’d like to claim one of these projects or to collaborate on anything.

My current notes:

AugCheck:
-Allow searching by stat -- Completed 2/16/2024

TBMSwap:
-List of gear with checkboxes -- Completed 2/19/2024
-Overhaul functions like potionmaker -- Completed 2/19/2024

PotionMaker:
-Get more money if needed
-Check trade skill depot
-Need to travel to different vendors for some recipes

PoisonCrafter
-Create poison DB
-Reuse potionmaker code
-Consider a reverse recipe lookup (by item)
(Either hold on cursor and click or slash command) (maybe a text field)
-- Completed 2/18/2024
-Ini to track favorite recipes

FindItemSet:
-Add type 18 and 19
-Check equipped or inventory
-Ini to save settings
Hey hope am not late. Any chance to make Lua to help trigger Alliances for all class's during a raid? Like if you have 3 mages in raid. So they can fire off their alliance, or u have 3 Rogues and do same thing. Also if possible with same Lua to arrange things like Ranger Auspice to MG. And continue running it one after the other during raid. Also samenthing with CoP. Where u can start it off with 1 toon and then 10 seconds before it wares off another toon fires there CoP off, so it. Can continually be running.

So... it would be great to have something that spews out the current recommended focus per class (ftp/group/raid) per level you have in your inventory / equipment so you notice if a char is missing out on something. Could also suggest augments to get (type 3 at least)!

One thing I would like to see, is a way to donate to tribute, on a per character basis of some sort. Like all the ton of crap that is normally rotting on the Final Fugue chest, that I loot for tribute, but I have those same items equipped on other characters, or in their bag as an alternate weapon (2 hand vs 1 hand weapons, for example). Maybe a gui to pull up the list of tribute items that I have 'marked' somehow, then add some items to my character ignore list. Then actually tribute the items automatically to either the personal tribute person, or guild tribute person, until you get the message about 'tribute favor cap has been reached'(I cannot remember the exact string). I tried other loot managers in the past for this (Lootly?) , but never liked them as much, so I went back to MQ2AutoLoot plugin.
yalm can do this, with a few modifications :)

If I were to have one desire currently it would be an Lua that will use a token of resurrection on my groups healer if they go down. I keep a stack of 5 on all toons.

Ideally I could designate the char to be ressed, and the order in which I want it to go down in terms of looking for a resser.

Something like:

/Lua run OhSnap SHM, BRD, MAG, ENC, BER

Would then set the shaman as the one being watched. It would first fire off a token from the bard uf they were alive and had a token. Then if the bard was dead or out of tokens, it would try the MAG so on and so forth.

I currently do this manually if the need arises. I could make a hotbutton social but a Lua seems more elegant.

Hmmm, I would definitely need guidance on this. I had tried YALM before, but never got past the learning curve to really start with it. Plus, it didn't seem to get updated very much, so I wasn't sure how to set it up correctly.

I made those fixes: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/yalm-yet-another-loot-manager.85007/post-598577 on my system, then it is only a matter to define stuff you hold on your cursor as (personal) tribute item (/yalm setitem tribute character), and you should be set to either offload to personal (/yalm tribute me) or guild (/yalm tribute guild ) tribute.

Another interesting one would be to have a Lua to use the overseer collection items for you. Say you wanted to brute force your way through NOS collections using overseer rewards. That's a lot of darn clicking. Would be very cool if you could just say fire those off for NOS and be done without carpet tunnel.

Another interesting one would be to have a Lua to use the overseer collection items for you. Say you wanted to brute force your way through NOS collections using overseer rewards. That's a lot of darn clicking. Would be very cool if you could just say fire those off for NOS and be done without carpet tunnel.

There is a script for doing this, called Toon Collect eXtreme. It works well for me

There is a script for doing this, called Toon Collect eXtreme. It works well for me

Thank you! I will try that.

Hey hope am not late. Any chance to make Lua to help trigger Alliances for all class's during a raid? Like if you have 3 mages in raid. So they can fire off their alliance, or u have 3 Rogues and do same thing. Also if possible with same Lua to arrange things like Ranger Auspice to MG. And continue running it one after the other during raid. Also samenthing with CoP. Where u can start it off with 1 toon and then 10 seconds before it wares off another toon fires there CoP off, so it. Can continually be running.
Any chance you would be able make this sort of Lua that a mentioned on top sometime later?

So I’m really enjoying writing Lua programs to solve the problems that I’ve personally been running into, such as not knowing when a Druid/wizard port is available that can help me get to where I’m going faster.

I’m really curious about what problems others have been running into that I may be able to throw some stuff together for. I’m hoping to get a list together of projects to work on after I get my PotionMaker program to a more complete state without just starting down the rabbit hole of making trade skill helpers.

So please let me know if there’s something that you’ve been hoping to run across a solution to.

Consolidated list:

• Kookies - Slayer achievement tracker
  • Num1pkfutura: TS mat farmer
  • Deadcities - TBM Aug Swapper
  • Secret_wombat - UPF and MH cycle | CWTN deconflicter
  • Szazor - FindItemSet
  • Joakhan - Give alt currency to leader
  • Rare Spawn - Missing Collection Tool
  • Eqsubi15 - Raid management GUI
  • Scoops420 - Alt currency interactions
  • Sic - Looting system
  • ArcaneProphet - Toggle looting epic drops
  • Hackzimus: Stats condense and upgrade suggest | Analyze and suggest augs | boxr/button master combo | TS mat farm lookup | GINA timer tool | AA analyzer and suggest | Group Rally | Buff stacking conflict notifier | Tanking DPS meter | Enemy debuff tracker | Consolidate and track group items
  • Rusang: Aug Remover
  • Szazor: Started a Raid Assister and would like someone to collaborate with
  • Lanceval: Group and Raid manager
  • Littch: Search for augs to remove from old gear and slot into new
  • Setsuni: Raid Window group saver tool | Jann’s Veil leveler
  • Kilroy03: MercRez
  • Dufus: Auto missions from older expansions
  • Myysterio: Condition setter and KissAssist starter
  • K9Carter: Track group task progress
  • Whatsaname: PoisonMaker | TinkerTool
  • Neumono: Stuck character notification
  • Turaj Steelfist: Items return to original slot after bandoleer
  • Afortner87: Give all money to a toon
  • Apop: Mob DPS balance window | Priority kill window
  • Gaelicboy: AugCheck
  • Almafa: More automated quests and missions (anything specific?)
  • Robban: Check and set /autoskill | SoD Aug item seller to Tavid Dennant
  • Naturesong: Raid management GUI
  • Diamondmine: Raid translocator
  • Doc James: Any member corpse run
  • Granditos: TS/Raid trophy swap
  • Notgametime: LDoN grind
  • That1guy: Swap augs from old gear
  • Jayah: TS items back to original locations
  • Robban: Persona swapper
  • Councilman: Back off if constant out of range
  • Dewey2461: Chat filters | Hide players, pets, and names if they reappear
  • RobRenfro: Collection sorter
  • Eqsubi15: Aug manager UI
  • Afortner87: Ping window
  • Damon: TasteTest
Not sure if you saw my other thread. But a Lua that can help trigger Alliances, CoP, Auspice, and other things that can be kept going during the whole Raid if triggered at the correct time.

Not sure if you saw my other thread. But a Lua that can help trigger Alliances, CoP, Auspice, and other things that can be kept going during the whole Raid if triggered at the correct time.
The use cases on this are likely fairly situationally specific to individual usages and events on cop/auspice etc. have you explored setting up a series of lem or event triggers for controlling this (hint this is the route I went).

I need a Lua that passes out a number of items to make the recipient have a certain amount. I have a list of 10 things that I would like my tradeskiller to pass out to everyone in the raid.

Tank has 5 times the tradeskiller would hand him 15 if the total was 20.

Question - What problem do people need solved with a Lua?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back