• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - What needs to be experienced? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
200¢
Hey all,

My group has reached 50+ by mainly doing the Hot Zones and I’m quickly approaching the highest level I have gotten to in EQ. I plan to take my time and do things like the Epics (killed Quillmane yesterday for the cloak for my Mage that I created in ‘01…) which leads to my question:

What quests, items, whatever should I experience while playing? Maybe something you thought was cool or fun (example: I’ve always wanted Jenniy’s Two Tone Cuirass because of the reference), or interesting clickys.

Another quick question:

Is there a resource that shows all the epic parts for all classes in a certain zone? Just want to make sure I have everything I need when I’m done with a zone.

Thanks!

Hey all,

My group has reached 50+ by mainly doing the Hot Zones and I’m quickly approaching the highest level I have gotten to in EQ. I plan to take my time and do things like the Epics (killed Quillmane yesterday for the cloak for my Mage that I created in ‘01…) which leads to my question:

What quests, items, whatever should I experience while playing? Maybe something you thought was cool or fun (example: I’ve always wanted Jenniy’s Two Tone Cuirass because of the reference), or interesting clickys.

Another quick question:

Is there a resource that shows all the epic parts for all classes in a certain zone? Just want to make sure I have everything I need when I’m done with a zone.

Thanks!
I like to use https://www.eqprogression.com/ for Epic stuff. They usually list preloot items. Lots of other sites, but I like the clear instructions and pics.

I find the questions of "something you think is cool or fun" to be highly subjective to each person and their wants from the game. My answer to your post is...do whatever sounds cool to "you". Not anyone else.

It’s definitely subjective but I know there are MANY quests, items, mobs that I don’t know about so that’s why I’m asking for opinions. I may or may not do it but at least I know it’s an option I have.

I spent a lot of time doing the Hunters achievement. Only because in the early days seeing those named mobs was magical and I wanted to take some names when I came back around 2018. It can be considered a lot of time wasted in that you will spend hours, if not days, hunting certain mobs with no reward other than saying you finally killed it. However, it does take you to the corners of zones / expansions that you've never visited and you can do it all 'per zone' if you choose to just hang around until you've killed them all before you move on.

The level your at right now is good for LDON for sure, even if your not going for any of the augs its worth it to get the Adventure Stone and max the stats on that. Its a charm aug that I still use to this day. Its quite long to max it though. The Adventure stone also makes porting around with the Magus easier and there are hunter ach in the missions.

There is also DON - that expansion was fun and cool with the oriental theme. Climbing the mountain paths with dragons and birds after you!

OOW would be something you want to read up on for how to increase your faction to do the armor quests. The chest items with clicks are something many classes still use too. Right up there with epics.

Always look at the time of the year and what quests are active. Soon it will be March and that is Anniversary time. There is a free mount that your crew can get and most players leave all the drops for others to just pick up. You have to be level 80 for that one. But for lower levels you really want to get the Drunkard's Stein. Its a port to POK click that works every 15 min.

And tons of other stuff :)

I am going through now with my persona's and trying to just do one expansion at a time as it came out. So far, I am having fun doing old stuff I had forgot about as well as some I missed and never did. Game definitely has many paths to experience.

IRL - What needs to be experienced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back