• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What Is Everyone Doing for Type 5 Augs? (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Right now I’m using a mix of mostly the type 5s from TBM with some dropped augs from TBL and a few crafted TOV/TBL/ROS augs as well.

I’m looking at the increase in stats for the newToV type 5s, but I’m also looking at the increased effort. I haven’t done any of the new missions yet, but I know that the cost has been increased relative to the cost of type 5s in TBL.

Also, the TBL augs are reasonably easy to acquire with the fight fire mission being so easy now.

Which route would you guys take? Upgrading to the TBL augs or putting in the extra effort to get the ToV augs? How hard is it to get all the currency for a full set?

On another side note, I’m thinking about moving my tank from hdex to hstam, as I’m thinking about raiding in the future. Has anyone else made this transition, or have any thoughts about tank type 5 augs in current content?

thanks everyone!

All the ToV mission are pretty easy and most are really quick to do, but only getting about 260 coins for all 4 every 6hr, they get really tedious. TBL is alot fastest to aug out, think its about 1000 coin for all 9 per 6hr, if you have the progression done. I suggest doing a mix of TBL and ToV missions, beacuse you will be done farming TBL augs in a month and still Farming ToV for afew more months. ( Unless you do the missions every 6hrs, then about 2 weeks )

Tank type 5 augs, SK dex augs - War agi augs - pal stam augs from what ive seen some do try different routes

On another side note, I’m thinking about moving my tank from hdex to hstam, as I’m thinking about raiding in the future. Has anyone else made this transition, or have any thoughts about tank type 5 augs in current content?

The TL;DR of type 5's on tanks, is it doesn't really matter.

If you're min/maxing on a tank, then you most likely value AC over anything else, in which case you'd roll hAgi. The AC difference between a full hAgi and full hSta tank is around 600 (before diminishing returns). The difference HP wise between a full hAgi tank and a hSta tank is about 15k. If I had access to a wider array of raid parses to look at, I could give you a delta on dps between the different heroics, but I honestly doubt it would be anything significant.

I will say this, if you do anything more than raiding, you'll get significantly more value with hDex or hAgi than you will with hSta, as hSta has virtually no value in group content. Over the years it's been discussed to death, and you would be pressed to find any two warriors using the same augs... because the reality is it doesn't matter.

My personal stance has always been get as much HP/AC as you need to survive and not be a burden to healers, then go full out on boosting dps.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

@v1ndi you don’t think the 15k hp and increase to shielding won’t be valuable in group content?

I got to my hsta conclusion by looking at the top 50 raid tanks on magelo. It looked like a split of about 50% hsta, 35% hagi and 15% hdex between which heroic stat they were focusing on.

Thanks for all the advice guys!

@v1ndi you don’t think the 15k hp and increase to shielding won’t be valuable in group content?

I got to my hsta conclusion by looking at the top 50 raid tanks on magelo. It looked like a split of about 50% hsta, 35% hagi and 15% hdex between which heroic stat they were focusing on.
for me since i'm only doing group stuff - the added dmg i get from hdex is well worth it for both my sk and my warrior.

That's not even a melee hit worth of hp in current content, so nah. Think of it like this, if you kill stuff faster in groups you'll have less need for HP/AC. The faster you can kill, the less value HP and AC has.

For type 7's, most of the top tanks will just run whatvever has the highest ratio of AC=HP=Heroic that they prefer. It ends up being that the highest AC augs tend to have hSTA and hDEX (https://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?type=Augmentation&order=AC&slot=Chest&augslot=7,8) which is why you're seeing a split. But if we're talking strictly type 5's, you can legitimately run anything you want between AGI, DEX and STA. Knights will benefit greatly from DEX due to the nature of their Class AA passive melee procs. For Knights in particular, procs and spells are the majority of your effective survivability.

Realm of Insanity Warriors tend to run hSta - https://eq.magelo.com/guild/xegony/Realm-of-Insanity#f=c_14
Machin Shin Warriors tend to run hAGI, hDEX, or a split of the two. - https://eq.magelo.com/guild/xegony/Machin-Shin#f=c_14

These are the top two guilds, and you can infer from that what you want. Class Leads at that level tend to tell you what they expect out of you, and their (and the guild's) philosophy will ultimately determine how you'll gear.

Also, take magelo with a grain of salt... a lot of dudes on their just wanna see their ranking at single digits and will pad their magelo stats to accomplish that.

A note about the 15K STA not even being one hit...that is 15K AFTER mitigation.
Based on my questionable math, STA stacking gets you one more "hit" worth of life per tick of a typical HoT.
Note that the Hot is healing the 15k, not the 100K strike it was before it was reduced to 15.
I think STA = Raid tanking, AGI = group content, and DEX= when your setup is > your content.
But lets not forget that Agi does give higher AC for that Magelo profile, and that adds dont have the strikethough a boss does.
Vanity is, after all, a fun part of character building.

A note about the 15K STA not even being one hit...that is 15K AFTER mitigation.
Based on my questionable math, STA stacking gets you one more "hit" worth of life per tick of a typical HoT.
Note that the Hot is healing the 15k, not the 100K strike it was before it was reduced to 15.
I think STA = Raid tanking, AGI = group content, and DEX= when your setup is > your content.
But lets not forget that Agi does give higher AC for that Magelo profile, and that adds dont have the strikethough a boss does.
Vanity is, after all, a fun part of character building.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain most of the Knights stacking Agi on Magelo are just doing that for rankings (since default sorting is AC and not hitpoints), and then swap back to Dex or Sta for actual gameplay.

I've tested extensively the differences between mitigation and avoidance of Agi vs Dex and there is no discernible difference in incoming dps over time., for a Warrior at least. (But there is a massive difference in outgoing dps, making dex the clear winner outside of raids)

Yeah, I'm fairly certain most of the Knights stacking Agi on Magelo are just doing that for rankings (since default sorting is AC and not hitpoints), and then swap back to Dex or Sta for actual gameplay.

I've tested extensively the differences between mitigation and avoidance of Agi vs Dex and there is no discernible difference in incoming dps over time., for a Warrior at least. (But there is a massive difference in outgoing dps, making dex the clear winner outside of raids)
And inside raids. An appropriately equipped raid warrior can stack hDex and still be a fantastic main tank. Most of ours do it, and the best tank in our guild is fully hDex.

I have never understood a raid tank using Hsta. Why would you waist a full type set of augs for less than a single round hit. Crit cap is around 2400hdex after that its diminishing returns. The Hagi will get you some advantages in group content but not raid. In any event for a tank in current content Hdex>hagi>hsta.

I have never understood a raid tank using Hsta. Why would you waist a full type set of augs for less than a single round hit. Crit cap is around 2400hdex after that its diminishing returns. The Hagi will get you some advantages in group content but not raid. In any event for a tank in current content Hdex>hagi>hsta.
1) it’s base dex not hdex that regulates crit chance
2) all but 1 class don’t crit cap at 2400 hdex w appropriate level/era buffs

The effects of choosing one Hstat over another in the modern game is so minimal at this point that I'm not sure why there are so many discussions about it. There's very little chance to make a *wrong* decision and cripple your character. As long as you keep updating your augs to current content, I don't see an appreciable difference in choosing one stat over another. Obvi I'm making the assumption that you don't stat for something completely outside your class base stats.

Question - What Is Everyone Doing for Type 5 Augs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back