• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What is 1 thing you wish there was a video on how to do for MQ? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
312¢
Hello, I have been using RG's version of MQ for about 1 year+ now. I have learned SOOO much and feel I have the knowlage and know how to help others. Is there anything you would like to learn about with MQ or RG? I am now able to control 2 groups running simotaniastly in different zones.

Hello, I have been using RG's version of MQ for about 1 year+ now. I have learned SOOO much and feel I have the knowlage and know how to help others. Is there anything you would like to learn about with MQ or RG? I am now able to control 2 groups running simotaniastly in different zones.
I'd like to see a video on how to single handedly box

Deathknell, Tower of Dissonance​

Ummmmm…..

Ummmmmmmm…

An FV platinum farming/money making guide so I can make a kick ass /test copy? :)

not afk though

I hope someone laughed. Be well.

Hey Husky87,
Part of it is some folks have figured out what they need, so it's hard to suggest... Perhaps think back through your journey, was there some challenges that you overcame that you think would be helpful to others if you made a video? For example, was it intimidating to setup a MQ2React or MQ2Event? Pro/Con of using MQ2React versus using KA. Sometimes until someone starts using a certain plugin, or sees how cool it is, they do not use it. Heck, even within KA, when to use the AE section versus the DPS section with conditionals for spawncount. How to research TLOs, how to figure out cures... tons of stuff. Perhaps even take a look at several of the "I took the plunge into MQ2 and now I'm stuck" posts... there could be some really cool ideas there too.

I'd like to see a video on how to single handedly box

Deathknell, Tower of Dissonance​

I don't have a video but I do the first one - Tolling of the Bells - quite often for the skeleton horse mount. Park 4 alts, preferably with a pet at each of the Deathnell Enforcers spawn point. Then when they come alive sick the pet on them and rotate around each character hitting each mob. Do not move from your own corner.

I have a Ranger that then runs around the room helping each one as needed. Mercs are not allowed and I don't own a real cleric, only healer mercs. But if you needed healing I guess you could park a cleric right outside and pop out to get healed

Repeat - I think its 2 or 3 rounds.

Pretty easy at level 105 and up

Maybe not a video, but w written guide? How to fill out a new toon in your group.
  • Get level 120
  • Gear up (Group T3?)
  • Gear up - Augs (7/8)
  • Gear up - Augs (5)
  • Illusion
  • Familiar
  • Flags
  • Max AAs
Maybe something like that for us old guys that forget a piece until 3 months later. :)
From a single toon getting added perspective, or from a full group start over?

I am in the team gain a level, work on AA, gain another level, ...
Except for main char, IF this is for a new expention with new levels.
Or you will be a twink, with nos melee or casting skill.

TRUE STORY :
The chanter is pulling,... fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, fizzle,... OOM !

Maybe not a video, but w written guide? How to fill out a new toon in your group.
  • Get level 120
  • Gear up (Group T3?)
  • Gear up - Augs (7/8)
  • Gear up - Augs (5)
  • Illusion
  • Familiar
  • Flags
  • Max AAs
Maybe something like that for us old guys that forget a piece until 3 months later. :)
From a single toon getting added perspective, or from a full group start over?
Good idea, Been working on how I lazy activley play

A guide on every day commands would help many people.

It’s the simple stuff that once you learn helps a ton. For example /nav spawn xxx I only learned within a year ago and I use it all the time when playing now. Before that it was shift click on the map close to the mob to travel to it.

A guide on every day commands would help many people.

It’s the simple stuff that once you learn helps a ton. For example /nav spawn xxx I only learned within a year ago and I use it all the time when playing now. Before that it was shift click on the map close to the mob to travel to it.
Actually didnt know that was a thing...

1 person controlling a 48 toon or so raid would be cool.
I second this. Im at 18 now, and once i get to 48, I will probably do something like this. Its hard for newbies to get into coding and automation. Its been years for me for coding and im rusty as hell. Its alot of good info already on the website but its a little daunting to tackle by myself. Always start small and learn the basics, but Lua stuff is way over my head and i still have lots of reading to do.

Last edited:
I don't know about a video, but I think a repository of hotkeys / ini's / YAML / whatever would be pretty cool to optimize setups quickly. Then again, I'm cool with janking it forward.

Nifty tricks... Like when using a plugin. And you cannot get to the mob using /nav spawn xxxxx (happens to me a lot in the hole), you can select the mob on the map or /target xxxxxx ,. press attack and put the plugin into tank mode... and 9 out of 10 times it will path to the mob your trying to get to.

What is 1 thing you wish there was a video on how to do for MQ?
I taught myself a great deal about nav mesh editing in ToV and CoV. In ToL I re-did 3 of the zones to help with movement and pathing, such as the shit show that is Shadow Valley ramps & ledges. I would have loved to watch a master craftsman there to learn the things that I stumbled and failed with for so long.

Question - What is 1 thing you wish there was a video on how to do for MQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back