• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What heroic stat to focus on for Mages? (1 Viewer)

Most raid mobs have strike through, unless something has changed. I parsed it out with a few SKs during CoV and the decision was that the “riposte” argument for hDex tanking didn’t quite stack up. Now, that’s not to say there aren’t other valid arguments for running hDex - I have three tanks (one hSta, two hDex), and my personal experience says that busting a proper meat shield with over 850k hp is just super helpful.

Now, to the original question: Mages should go hSta. Mod rods = hp. You should be hitting multiple rods during raids. Multiple rods = multiple hps going bai-bai. Plus AoE effects on raid bosses suck. Nothing like eating a few hundred thousand-point AE and a badly timed rod!

And yeah, what Hylander said is very true. People in raiding guilds just kind of stack what they think they should based on their class, I've seen it first hand. Just because someone in RoI is doing it doesn't mean it's correct.
I Stack all my type5s as STA as a Raid Sk been doing it for couple years now. Works very well. my secondary stat is Dex, most of not all my type7s are Dex. This combo has worked well over the last few years raiding.

Question - What heroic stat to focus on for Mages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back