• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - What expansion does autogrant aa quit? (1 Viewer)

dobby22

RedCents
457¢
Currently 110. I believe autogrant ends with tbl now correct? Should I push my group straight to 115 then stop and max aa? Sk is in snowbound. Shaman, enchanter, monk and ranger are in conflagrant. As a side question my sk can get over 7k ac buffed; is that enough to take on tov progression and use that to get to 115?

I always recommend doing like 75-80% max aa before you start going to max lvl

you rob yourself of way too much with just autogrant. WAY too much.

many many many posts on the boards about it

I always recommend doing like 75-80% max aa before you start going to max lvl

you rob yourself of way too much with just autogrant. WAY too much.

many many many posts on the boards about it
So if autogrant covers everything except tradeskill aas up through TBL then I’m good to go to 115 then max aa correct?

Unless I’m not seeing something correctly. I’ve only been back about a month after quitting at around level 85 when that was the cap. So it’s been many years ago lol

yep nurse it in - going straight from autogrant + conflagrant to PL'd 120 = regrets --- but nursing it in and enjoying the game and the content, you're gonna do great.

it autogrants to TOV, which is a significant chunk. Whether you stop along the way is up to you and your resources. Having said that, jumping to 120 is going to gie]ve you access to the most current group crafted, which will enable you to bang out the remaining AA in the most efficient manner.

Pretty sure it’s up to tov is autogrant now…99% sure a cpl of my non pimped toons got more autogranted when nos came out
This is where it becomes confusing for others with that statement, and maybe this is just me being cranky...but I feel it is misleading. When you say it is up to ToV, most people will take that as ToV AA's are autogranted. They are not.

Currently, until June of 2023, autogranted AA's are through TBL expansion, which is level 110. All AA's up to, and through level 110 are autogranted except the tradeskill AA's.

Jumping to 120, and having access to group gear is a horrible idea unless you have gear that can carry you. The mob difficulties are not a joke, and missing AA on the way up hinders you more than the levels will help. For example, at 110, I attempted Restless Assault grind in full ToV T1 gear minus augs. 1st pull, I had to blow all of my defensive cooldowns to prevent a wipe. I needed to spend time farming augs, AA, etc before I was ready to tackle that challenge. I couldn't imagine the debacle it would be to attempt going to 120 and fighting mobs in ME...

Take your time, be safe...not sorry.

Edit - TBL, not RoS for the expansion. I stand corrected, and adjusted the post accordingly.

Last edited:
It's through TBL, seeing as that is the expansion right before ToV. Is it standard through every line? No, because some lines stopped before ToV and don't pick up again until CoV or ToL, but those are not many. The gear issue is also not true. Group crafted gear is more than sufficient at 120 to backfill the missed AA, seeing as NoS gear is on par with hoarfrost, minus the focus effects not being as high. When you say ToV T1, what do you mean? raid? group? Doesn't matter. You got smoked because you didn't have augs.

The OPs resources are a factor, for sure, but don't scare the guy because of your anecdotal experience. My anecdotal is very different from yours. When I was building my initial group, I pushed to 110 and put them in snowbound. Had minimal issues leveling to 115. At 115 I ran group crafted for ToV to AA and had zero issues in coldain caves, which are notorious for multiple mob pulls. I just leveled a SHD to 120 and it could handle all NoS missions minus spirits with endowed and some augs. I did a paladin and it could handle 2/4 NoS missions with ToL group gear and some augs. The improvement from gear is far more than 20 ranks each of CA and CS, and whatever other missed ranks of defensive AA the shd will have.

To the OP. You need the resources to upgrade gear if you're going to push to 120 before AAing. If you don't have the resources to get NoS crafted (ToL minimum) and some augs for your tank (only one that matters) then it's going to be painful. If that is the case, then yeah, do some key AA every few levels. Check the bazaar on your server. If you don't have the funds for ToL or NoS crafted, then check what the ToL T1 group armor is running for (Waxing Crescent). It is usually pretty cheap and can be worn at 115. It is far better than Snowbound, and you can then push to 115 and go smoke mobs in GD (pick your camp) for some fast AA up through CoV.

Last edited:
Currently, until June of 2023, autogranted AA's are through RoS expansion, which is level 110. All AA's up to, and through level 110 are autogranted except the tradeskill AA's.

I'm sure I had to spend about 200-300 AAs on non tradeskill stuff the past few levels up to 110, it varies per class but some stuff started to cost AAs on the higher levels. Languid Bite comes to mind. I don't know any matrix where the autogrant / non autogrant levels are listed, though :-(

I'm pretty sure it gives everything (minus TS stuff) up to 110. Some things just stopped earlier and then restarted during or after ToV. And yes, not every class is the same regarding that. However, the auto grant is substantial from a survive-ability standpoint, and that is pretty standard across all classes. Your DPS is shit if you push to 120, because of the focus tab, but that changes quickly enough.

I'm pretty sure it gives everything (minus TS stuff) up to 110. Some things just stopped earlier and then restarted during or after ToV. And yes, not every class is the same regarding that. However, the auto grant is substantial from a survive-ability standpoint, and that is pretty standard across all classes. Your DPS is shit if you push to 120, because of the focus tab, but that changes quickly enough.
I just looked through my logs, for the shaman it's exactly 400 AA for everything non tradeskill (4 levels languid bite, 1x spiritual channeling, 1x
Fleeting Spirit, 1x Sympathetic Amplification, 1x Extended Sloth, 1x Companion's Intervening DA, 1x Companion's Aegis, 1x Adamant Will) at 110. They might be AAs which were introduced later, then extended to earlier levels and some of those levels were autogranted.

It's through TBL, seeing as that is the expansion right before ToV. Is it standard through every line? No, because some lines stopped before ToV and don't pick up again until CoV or ToL, but those are not many. The gear issue is also not true. Group crafted gear is more than sufficient at 120 to backfill the missed AA, seeing as NoS gear is on par with hoarfrost, minus the focus effects not being as high. When you say ToV T1, what do you mean? raid? group? Doesn't matter. You got smoked because you didn't have augs.

The OPs resources are a factor, for sure, but don't scare the guy because of your anecdotal experience. My anecdotal is very different from yours. When I was building my initial group, I pushed to 110 and put them in snowbound. Had minimal issues leveling to 115. At 115 I ran group crafted for ToV to AA and had zero issues in coldain caves, which are notorious for multiple mob pulls. I just leveled a SHD to 120 and it could handle all NoS missions minus spirits with endowed and some augs. I did a paladin and it could handle 2/4 NoS missions with ToL group gear and some augs. The improvement from gear is far more than 20 ranks each of CA and CS, and whatever other missed ranks of defensive AA the shd will have.

To the OP. You need the resources to upgrade gear if you're going to push to 120 before AAing. If you don't have the resources to get NoS crafted (ToL minimum) and some augs for your tank (only one that matters) then it's going to be painful. If that is the case, then yeah, do some key AA every few levels. Check the bazaar on your server. If you don't have the funds for ToL or NoS crafted, then check what the ToL T1 group armor is running for (Waxing Crescent). It is usually pretty cheap and can be worn at 115. It is far better than Snowbound, and you can then push to 115 and go smoke mobs in GD (pick your camp) for some fast AA up through CoV.
Kazimere,

Thanks for the info. As I said my tank is in full snowbound stuff right now. I will assume that should get me to 115. Then I could go after the Waxing Crescent stuff. Once I have that max out aa through 115 and pick up some better augs on tank. Where I am a little confused is the ToL or NoS crafted. Are you talking about the stuff that I will need to raise tradeskills in order to craft? Sounds expensive lol.

You can buy the crafted containers on bazaar. You could make them, if your skill is high enough for that particular TS. I don't bother with TSing though, so I can't say how expensive or time consuming that is. Snowbound will take you to 115. Waxing will take you to 120. There is also non-vis stuff that is cheap as well for 110-115 and 115-120. I dunno where you stand on augments, but those are a significant thing, so either farm them as you AA/level (if you can), or buy them. If you're on FV, everything becomes much easier because of the way gear works, but if you aren't, then some things may have to be adjusted.

You can buy the crafted containers on bazaar. You could make them, if your skill is high enough for that particular TS. I don't bother with TSing though, so I can't say how expensive or time consuming that is. Snowbound will take you to 115. Waxing will take you to 120. There is also non-vis stuff that is cheap as well for 110-115 and 115-120. I dunno where you stand on augments, but those are a significant thing, so either farm them as you AA/level (if you can), or buy them. If you're on FV, everything becomes much easier because of the way gear works, but if you aren't, then some things may have to be adjusted.
Ok so containers are crafted but sellable. Gotcha. I will definitely check out places for better augs as I go. All of my type 7s on tank have at least 30 ac but I am sure some of them definitely need replaced. Most are from doing marks of valor missions. My type 5s are a mix of agi and sta from the broken mirror remnant stuff. I keep seeing people saying go dex on tanks. Any truth to that or should I stick with what I have until I get ahold of better?

I keep seeing ppl say the focus aas are essential, but not in my experience. I'm still not even touching all those 100/rank ones on any class, though I did slowly get bards dots(all dot 85/rank not individual song ones) maxed but only recently. The other was I find are more impactful biut not all. Certainly CA/CS on tanks is big but even those I worked through AT 120 IN NOS on my tank. Being at least mostly current (ToL or better as starting NOS) with attention to augs on tank we're plenty sufficient, but ToL was much harder in T2 than any of NOS in my experience as well.

With that said, with 5/6 of group in waxing give or take and 1(tank) in t3 ToL, I plunged right into NOS. Have completed all Merc/partisan, some hunters, farming some missions, beaten the others but not farmable really, and still all my main focus aas are at 6/14 ranks across the board, i.e. autogranted. I'm saving those for last because of the need for nearly all to get to the last rank or 2 to even touch current spells. Get lot more mileage from 800aas spent elsewhere than to get ONE focus to current level.

Am sitting 18-20k below max AA on every class(tank has TS aas long done and is SK thus 20k aas in hole (~30% of nonTS)are ALL applicable while alts skipping TS), just farming gear for the alts(tank now finished) and working on requirements for the next cloak evolution (challenges, and Hunter) and collections. Not even grinding aas as they come from the rest on their own. Half my group was purely autogranted when I entered NOS and almost all are neglected in the Aug department too.

Strong tank itemizing, good setup, and perseverance are all required really to jump into NOS at 120(and only my tank and 1 dps was 120 at launch) but I'd skip ToL til later. I found T2 ToL to be more demanding than NOS though T1 is cake. If time is limited, blowing it to do stuff you're just going to redo in 5 levels or may even be negated by future EQ stuff, can be wasteful. I wasted enough time grinding aas before CoV only to have 90% of them autogranted in CoV and thus just wasted. I'm now careful to NOT do that until I can't do what is needed currently. Next autogrant won't be til December now, but limited time requires better prioritization of effort. If this was October I'd say avoid aas altogether unless you're already into 2 expacs past autogrant ranks.

no, not all focus are required, but you can end up with a dps/heal loss if you end up getting new abilities and aren't able to have the 1st matching rank of focus for them.

Ok so containers are crafted but sellable. Gotcha. I will definitely check out places for better augs as I go. All of my type 7s on tank have at least 30 ac but I am sure some of them definitely need replaced. Most are from doing marks of valor missions. My type 5s are a mix of agi and sta from the broken mirror remnant stuff. I keep seeing people saying go dex on tanks. Any truth to that or should I stick with what I have until I get ahold of better?
In the end, yeah pretty much go hdex for type 5s. Just put whatever you got in there right now. They matter, but they aren't as important as the type 7s. You're moving so fast to 120 that spending any amount of time focusing on farming type fives (right now) is just time better spent doing something else. Unless you can find some ToV/CoV ones in bazaar, I wouldn't bother. It's a marathon, my man. Don't get overwhelmed by everything you need to do, lol. I still have so many things on my list.

One more thing. You can farm a lot of augs by doing missions in their respective expansions. Doing those, and then getting the crafted ones (infused, threaded, etc) goes a long way to fill your slots. Some may be easier to do than others as you're leveling up. If you can't run the missions yourself, at least try to get a TA (for the leveling expansions-ToV and ToL) starting at about 113.5. If you can get all four TAs from ToV and the subsequent Paragon, it will push you to 115 for free.

If you're on FV, send me a tell at some point. I got stuff laying around.

it autogrants to TOV, which is a significant chunk. Whether you stop along the way is up to you and your resources. Having said that, jumping to 120 is going to gie]ve you access to the most current group crafted, which will enable you to bang out the remaining AA in the most efficient manner.
i have to agree i run um to 120 then do aa takes me a week or so to max aa ,, and get some great gear while doin it

Do your Tank type aas for sure for tank after 110. every level. and u will need to up his gear for sure at 115. if u can get into waxing for him u should be fine to tank and use him in zones like maidens eye to farm gear/ores. I was there with tov group lv gear tanking. it wasnt easy but got easier as i got him waxing etc. u want all your def mitigation type aas done each lv after 110. plus do his stuff that affects his taps, it will make everything so much easier for you and will make gearing your group much smoother and faster

This is where it becomes confusing for others with that statement, and maybe this is just me being cranky...but I feel it is misleading. When you say it is up to ToV, most people will take that as ToV AA's are autogranted. They are not.

Currently, until June of 2023, autogranted AA's are through TBL expansion, which is level 110. All AA's up to, and through level 110 are autogranted except the tradeskill AA's.

Jumping to 120, and having access to group gear is a horrible idea unless you have gear that can carry you. The mob difficulties are not a joke, and missing AA on the way up hinders you more than the levels will help. For example, at 110, I attempted Restless Assault grind in full ToV T1 gear minus augs. 1st pull, I had to blow all of my defensive cooldowns to prevent a wipe. I needed to spend time farming augs, AA, etc before I was ready to tackle that challenge. I couldn't imagine the debacle it would be to attempt going to 120 and fighting mobs in ME...

Take your time, be safe...not sorry.

Edit - TBL, not RoS for the expansion. I stand corrected, and adjusted the post accordingly.
Shadow, Can you expand on the "until June of 2023" comment? Thanks... I have a new group I'm bringing up, and I noticed my autogrant stopped as usual at 110. I don't want to spend any time on aa if the autogrant limit changes suddenly in two weeks.

Thanks

Question - What expansion does autogrant aa quit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back