• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - What do you run in the background while playing EQ? (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,908¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I usually have 12 - 14 browser tabs open, photoshop, outlook, word, skype, music, and bots for facebook games running, and a few notepad++ files open at all times.

I'm also very frugal and have only done a full upgrade twice in the last decade. Here's what I'm running now:

Pentium dual-core E5200, 2.5ghz.
4GB RAM

I'm getting a few hiccups and extremely long delays in programs now that I'm regularly 3 boxing.

I think it's time to upgrade.

What do you run along with EQ on your rig?

about 24 tabs in google chrome, usually with hulu up.. i 5 box most of the time..

I just recently built my PC from the ground up.. first time ever doing anything like it...

running a I7 3820 at 4ghz since for some reason when i change baseclock past 100 it goes into superfast mode.. other games, its up to 5ghz... ~

12 gigs of ram and a xfx radeon 7950 3 gig graphics card for now

when BF4 comes out ill get another card, and maybe 12 more gigs of ram just because ~ LOL

I got 6 EQ accounts running 18 google tabs running skype chats 5 of them 2 note pad things open irc thunderbird few other odds and ends running

PC stats...

OS: Windows 7 Business SP1 (Build #7601) CPU: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core, 3.31 GHz, 2048 KB Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660(1920x1080x32bpp 59Hz) SMemory: Used: 12504/16331MB HD Space: Free: 1595.39 GB/3055.27 GB Connection: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller @ 100.0 Mbps (Rec: 265.79MB Sent: 992.37MB)

15 EQmac windows, 4 Safari tabs, iTunes, Skype + Call, Steam and then what ever game I'm currently playing on steam at the time.

Current Build (Hackintosh)

MB: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
GFX: GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost

You people can do just about everything at once.

MB: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
GFX: GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost

That's pretty much the system I'm looking at building now, good to know it can handle so much.

That's pretty much the system I'm looking at building now, good to know it can handle so much.

Handles pretty much everything I chuck at it so far even in this heat wave we are currently having in the UK, Entire thing cost around £500 not bad seeing as it can do so much

Im amazed you can run so many EQ's on 8 GB of ram seeing as how much of a memory whore EQ is. Even with low settings it still eats up a ton.

My computer is a pile of crap. it handles 3 EQs, mq2, 1-2 chrome tabs and a few open notepads and its sluggish as hell. Without mq2 i probably wouldnt bother playing/boxing right now.

specs.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2 Ghz Processor
32bit Windows Vista Home Premium
4 Gigs ram
1 Gig GeForce GT 610

Was supposed to buy a new computer but with a baby due in 11 weeks the woman somehow convinced me to wait a little longer. What a new computer would feel like... I'd love to find out lol.

7969d1354320501-what-most-friendly-state-conceled-carry-448x249px-ll-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-y.jpg

I use input director, so I can move my mouse/keyboard to my other computer where I run my 5 eq bots. On my main machine I run my sk with netflix, reddit, and notepad++ open most of the time. Really whatever it takes to keep me from being a productive member of society.

When I'm playing EQ, I normally have 6 game windows open + eqbcs, at least 5 tabs on chrome (2 email accounts, google voice, and 2+ misc tabs for whatever I'm reading at the time, currently 4 tabs from Redguids).

Aside from that, I'm normally playing another game, like Guild Wars 2, some random Steam game with friends, or I'm working on...well, work. In the background I always have my HTPC programs running (SABnzbd, Couch Potato, Sick Beard), to compliment my total laziness, for downloading tv shows and movies, as well as Splashtop so I can access and control my computer (and my bots!!) from the office, or my phone... or my tablet.

I'm running:
Windiows 8
i7 3770k 3.5ghz
32gigs ram
I just got a geforce 660ti, was using a 480 space heater for about 2 years.

Currently watching my bots destroy mobs on my phone.

My current rig is as follows:

MB: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Processor: AMD FX 8120 8-Core running at ~3.3 ghz
Ram: 8gb DDR3 G-Skill
Video: AMD Radeon 6670 by Sapphire (which my pc is picking it up as having 5.888 gb of memory when it's just a 2gb card lol.

With this I can 3 box EQ (full settings), 2 box WoW (full settings), have D3 up (full settings), 4 tabs in Firefox, movie playing on the 52" plasma I have hooked up to my PC, Steam, Skype, Raptr.

I don't get hiccups.

Since this is kind of a dick measuring contest I will throw my 2cp in-

I run 5 instances of EQ on my main machine. I try to keep the stuff running in the background to a minimal if I can help it.

I am running-

Intel Core i5 760 2.8Ghz
16GB DDR3 Ram
Gigabyte P55A-UDP4 Motherboard
GeForce 660 GTX Titanium 4GB
Intel 80GB SSD
4x Hitachi 1TB 7200 RPM in Raid 5 Array for all my media
Samsung Blu-ray Drive
Windows 7 Pro x64

Last edited:
AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon hd graphics 1.40 GHz
4gig ram
linux backtrack 5 r3
4 networks cards (balanced load so i don't overload one...)
WINE
ISBoxer

17-25 instances of eq, 5 instances of wow and normaly firefox looking up something...

-.- yes i over use my computer... no i don't know why it hasn't blown up on me yet...

AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon hd graphics 1.40 GHz
4gig ram
linux backtrack 5 r3
4 networks cards (balanced load so i don't overload one...)
WINE
ISBoxer

17-25 instances of eq, 5 instances of wow and normaly firefox looking up something...

-.- yes i over use my computer... no i don't know why it hasn't blown up on me yet...

Why not Kali Linux?

Tech - What do you run in the background while playing EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back