• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

What classes work best with KISS? (1 Viewer)

Infinite Monkeys

RedCents
30¢
I currently am trying to get a SK, shammy and zerker combo to work well and it's ok so far but not great by any means. Especially after reading I am never going to get close to the zerk's potential, I remember wizards and rogues having similar problems with KISS. So my question is what's an ideal 6 box set up that will run as close as possible to 100% of what they are capable of.

I am thinking SK, shammy, mage, chanter and druid with KISS and a cleric with Fast Heal macro. Any better options?

could go with necro instead of druid and stack dots, i got my necro up to around 20k dps via kiss, which is nowhere near their potential but for group settings on a character you never have to touch is nice.

my setup is sk,bst,shm,mag,nec,brd,enc i use 3 in 1 group 4 in the other basically the bst sk and brd are almost maxed on AA so i let the other group get the exp

Eh, most zones are easily 2~ minutes away now, and with dragging only 3 with you, can easily set up fellowship and port the rest in.

atleast thats the way I do it.. since i use Guild hall to port

I did read Maskoi's guides and they are very helpful but they don't really address which classes are preferable from a KISS standpoint, I'm looking for a set up that will have good utility and use each toon to it's max. One obvious question is chanter vs bard, chanter has better mez and if I was to actually play it would be a better choice but since KISS most likely won't keep a charmed pet for the chanter then maybe a bard is the better option based solely on boxing with KISS.

That's why I choose druid over wiz, a druid may not have the dps a wiz does but if KISS can't get that dps out of it then it's no better than a druid and it has less utility.

Aaah, I see. Well, I think you're on the right track with the bard vs enchanter - you should consider writing a guide with the kind of thought you're putting into it. I don't think anyone else has.

Also, I believe KISS started out as a Bard macro before Maskoi decided to make it every class.

The bard mezzing in KISS is virtually flawless and the dps they add to a group make it a no brainer.The beastlord I preach all the time this is now one of the best classes in game here is why, Even under macroing without a burn section they can and will pull in over 20k dps on a reg, Tanking:If your MT dies you can do one of two things A: You can use bst defensive(Protective Spirit's recast is silly low) B: Back off and let the pet tank/I can molo almost any group named in game with the beast pet tanking. Plus you get Fero,paragon,hp buffs, and SE. My Tank choice is an SK with AE's set to agro. Then I run a Shaman. After this I use 2 mercs if I am lazy or if I am in the mood to box I run a Zerker along with a cleric or another DPS depending on where I am killing.

Well it seems best to make a list of what I think is right and what I have read and we can use that as a starting point, not everyone may agree at the end but I think we can determine an optimal set of 6 toons to use strictly with KISS that will work well together and can run unattended for long periods.

Bard - What KISS was originally meant to run, 100%

Beastlord - Good steady DPS, lots of utility to back up tank or slower, 85%

Berserker - Decent DPS but more of a burn type, 70%

Cleric - Best healer and needed for rez, 100%

Druid - Like a bard, huge utility, ports, heals, dots, DS and evac, works well with KISS but may burn mana fast?, 95%

Enchanter - Best mez and slows but poor DPS, loses to a bard except in extreme circumstances but works well with KISS, 80%

Mage - Works well with other pet classes, best DS, back up tank with earth pet and CotH, works well with KISS, 100%

Monk - Decent DPS but too complicated for KISS, one dimensional as far as a bot group goes, 80%

Necromancer - Good DPS but a little complicated for KISS, back up rez, 85%

Paladin - Good single target agro and can heal itself but for groups SK wins, works well with KISS if you like the class, 80%

Ranger - Pretty good DPS as a ranged, very gear dependent, simple to play and works well with KISS but very one dimensional, 85%

Rogue - Good DPS but too complex for KISS, very gear dependent, 80%

Shaman - Slows, buffs, dots, heals, rez, works well with KISS, 100%

Shadow Knight - Best AE agro, little complicated to set up tanking for named mobs, good puller, snares, works pretty well with KISS, 95%

Warrior - Best for named mobs, pretty easy to set up, little utility, works well with KISS, 90%

Wizard - Ports, big burst DPS for named but too complicated for KISS, 85%

So for must haves it looks like bard and cleric for sure, then you have to choose between a pet tank or hybrid tank set up. Pet tank team would be bard, cleric, druid, mage, necro, shammy (or beastlord?)to give you the strongest pet, tons of dots, lots of back up heals for named, mez, buffs and ports. Melee tank would be bard, cleric, druid, mage, shammy (or beastlord here as a better fit than pet tank team), SK to give you everything and back up for every role.

This is purely from a balanced for KISS standpoint where you would want to get everything running smooth and just leave them to do their thing.

With my little use of kiss I have determined that I can set up pretty much any class to be as much dps as when I am playing them. For rogue and zerker I use a combination of their kiss ink and me lee ini files accomplish the normal fights and burns. My normal makeup is SK Shm Rog Zerker Necro merc cleric. I have also configured enchanter and bard which seem to work very well. I have not yet attempted to configure a wizard as mine is only lol 89.

What classes work best with KISS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back