• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What Are Your "Oh Shit!" Buttons (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,773¢
Period on any class. I was going to to just ask SK and Pally but I want to here from Mages Wizards Shaman. Every class Necro Beastlord you name it. Let's hear it.

I think one you for sure want on both knights is to bandolier to shield set and hit shield flash. I'm not on my main comp atm to check, but it's something like:

INI:
/bando board
/pause 5
/alt act 1112

Can't tell you how many times I would try to hit it when I had my 2hander out and ended up dying before I got smart lol

My two big ones on my Pally are Speed Of The Savior and Inquisitor's Judgment. I'll post my oh shit SK if we get a few more people participating! This is the fun stuff

Period on any class. I was going to to just ask SK and Pally but I want to here from Mages Wizards Shaman. Every class Necro Beastlord you name it. Let's hear it.
Tank/bard/enc/cleric + 2 dps … there are rarely oh shit moments…more like…oh this outta be interesting…nope i win moments

im invincible monty python GIF

This is my "Oh shit" button. The basics are it tells everyone to freeze here, hold/defend this spot, unpause and uninvis. Typically used when travelling as a group and 1 character gets agro. Tank mode (4) will have the SK pull agro off anyone who is getting hit. I try not to think class-by-class... I use the "driver toon" method, and have 1 character in charge, where all my buttons are, and I rarely, if ever alt-tab to other screens.

1713112468337.png

I really don't use an "Oh crap" button since my groups are all max level and very strong. The closest thing I use is a pair of reacts to make sure my SK tank switches to his sword and board if I get too many mobs on xtarget...

Bandolier swapping on the tank...:
reacts:
  BandDefense:
    action: >-
      /multiline ; /echo Activating Defensive Bandolier ; /timed 3 /band
      activate Tank ; /timed 6 /react enable BandOffense ; /timed 7 /react
      disable BandDefense
    condition: >-
      ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Buff[Defensive Proficiency].ID}
      && (${Target.Named} || ${Me.XTarget} > 2 || ${Select[${Target.ConColor},RED]}>=1
      || ${Me.PctHPs} < 50)
  BandOffense:
    action: >-
      /multiline ; /echo Activating Offensive Bandolier ; /timed 3 /band
      activate 2HSHeal ; /timed 6 /react enable BandDefense ; /timed 7
      /react disable BandOffense
    condition: >-
      ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Me.XTarget} < 2 && !${Target.Named}
      && ${Me.Buff[Defensive Proficiency].ID} && !${Select[${Target.ConColor},YELLOW,RED]}>=1
      && ${Me.PctHPs} > 95

Agreed with many here. If I’m quick enough and hit my bando for shield, the rest is pretty simple. If not it’s a /relocate pok command. Not at desktop to pull the actual button… it may be use stein instead

Ok since nobody ever gets in trouble. What are your attack buttons? What do you push to ensure victory in a fight? Not full on burn just a couple of attacks buttons to sway the fight.
Like I said on my Pally I use Speed Of The Savior and Inquisitor's Judgment

Oh shit:
/dgga /boxr pause
/pause 3, /dgga /useitem "Drunkard's Stein"
/pause 10, /dgga /useitem "Drunkard's Stein"

Using stein multiple times because casters will not stop mid cast to use it

Oh shit:
/dgga /boxr pause
/pause 3, /dgga /useitem "Drunkard's Stein"

Using stein multiple times because casters will not stop mid cast to use it
See /interrupt

I put my bandolier in my KIss Ini:

INI:
## ----- Bandolier ------ ##
#  !!! You must enter the name of your TWO handed weapon in Condition 30 !!!
#  !!! You must enter the name of your ONE handed weapon in Condition 8 & 32 !!!
DPS8=Command:/bandolier activate 2HSingle|99|Cond30
DPS9=Command:/bandolier activate Deflection|99|Cond32

## ------ DPS Bandolier  ------ ##
#Activate Two Hander DPS
Cond8=${Me.Inventory[13].Name.NotEqual[Velium Endowed War Hammer]}

#  Activate One Hander Defense
Cond30=${Me.Inventory[13].Name.NotEqual[Velium Endowed Claymore]} && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 100 zradius 30]} < 3 && ${Me.PctHPs} > 75 && ${Me.XTarget} < 3 && !${Target.ConColor.Equal[Red]}  && !${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID}

#  Activate One Hander Defense
Cond32=!${Me.Inventory[13].Name.NotEqual[Velium Endowed War Hammer]} && ${SpawnCount[npc radius 100 zradius 30]} > 3 && ${Me.XTarget} > 3 ||  ${Target.ConColor.Equal[Red]} && ${Me.PctHPs} < 50 || ${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].ID} || ${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID}

As a perpetual lowbie that likes to make new groups and themes I get in trouble a lot. And I mean A LOT. Some teams just do not work well when let go into the wild. While my buttons are pretty sloppy, they generally get most of the job done.

If I have a druid /wiz on the team - I always have an evac on stand-by.
example:
/dex <AwesomeWizardName> /alt activate 43

I like to take necros along for utility and dps as well - always keeping some soul stones handy for emergencies
/dex <BossNecroNameHere> /alt activate 773

When it has been a really, really bad day.... if you know, you know.
/dggae /alt activate 484

I have a couple more - but Im at the office today and cant remember them all :)

Feign Death since 2001 .. and once it was maxxed .. CHA-CHING! I have never understood how you folks would run around zones and not die. NEVER understood. But then, the Monkey does like to eat his crayons. Red being my favorite flavor.

Macro looked like this
/kick
/sense heading
/feign death
/stand

~That is all. You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.

My Ranger uses her Cover Tracks.

1713226549949.jpeg

Takes me back to when we used to do stuff we shouldn't and then run fast while looking back and saying "do you see them following us?"

My SK Oh Shit Buttons are
Bite Of chaos
Gift Of Quick Spear
Harm Shield
And of course I flick on my Epic 2.0
My SHD Oh shits (I play my sk 100% manually 99%)
Usually, kick things off with Deflection Disc or Shield flash

2.0 epic click unless I see Mortal Coil is up then Ill keep an eye on it or still click if I still feel like Im taking a beating

Visage of Death, Spire, Harmtouch, Tyvs resolve (conditional if the bard used their similar ability first),
Reflection when either I dip real low or an AoE has hit other group member

I always use Carapace first too and a neat trick is The Unholy Guardian(Cant remember the exact name of the disc atm. But absorbs 36% and gives a buff in the song window which procs taps) but you can /stopdisc on it, press Unholy Aura (which increases lifetap damage by 100 for 5 mins) and that lifetap buff from guardian is still there and getting double damage and heals.

Reavers bargain is also decent even though nerfed.

Discussion - What Are Your "Oh Shit!" Buttons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back