• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

What are you playing next? (1 Viewer)

Shiminee

RedCents
Howdy all!

I've noted some real interesting MMORPGs coming, including Warhammer, Age of Conan, and Darkfall. Our guild is seriously looking at Warhammer and Age of Conan. Several of us have put in for beta for Darkfall. I would be interested to hear your opinions or information about these new games.

Warhammer looks simply AMAZING, I would love to try it out and see how it is compared(sp?) to WoW.

I'm in Vanguard beta. It's too slow on my machine (AMD 3500+, Geforce 6600, 2GB RAM, WinXP Pro) so I haven't played much.

I'm in LoTRO beta also. It's cool, but I get a lot of "hitches." That is, when in town or another busy area, the game will lock up every 5 or 10 seconds, for like a second or two. Annoying, but I was able to get to level 4 fairly quickly.

It has a cool beginning; instead of just plopping you down in a starting city, you go through an instanced quest, then get plopped down in a starting city. It kick starts you on your newbie quest grinding.

I don't know if I'll actually play any of them full time, like I did EQ. I still play EQ in a raiding guild. I guess what I'm looking for is something to give me a reason to play. Just exploring zones and grinding XP isn't enough for me. I want something new... or I'll just stick with what I have. I don't know if even Vanguard has enough new features to warrant devoting my time.

The warhammer trailer is un-freakin-believable. Amazing. However, IMO the actual game graphics don't look any better to me than EQ2. Both are trying to look more realistic but still fall short. I think the realism approach doesn't come close enough and the awkwardness of the characters makes it more obvious that you are not really in the game. WoW is much more fluid and easier to "enter the game". I can't wait until these games start looking like the Warhammer trailer. I believe that video cards will start sporting 4GB of memory in 2008 so who knows, we might not be too far off.

Anyway, here's something else to consider....
http://www.projectoffset.com/

What are you playing next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back