• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Went to a different server and things are wonky (1 Viewer)

RedCents
38¢
I went to a different server and rolled a group. Everything is acting wonky..... toons will be assisting away and next thing I know they're just standing there. I ran the FM grind and zoned into a mob who proceeded to wipe the group because they were waiting to gain control. What should I look into? Everything was updated before I logged in, I was sure each char was set to their respective role etc.

Well, sounds like you're using MQ2Grind, but can't be sure?
What automation are you using, or are you manually playing? Also can't be sure because you don't say.
You failed to post in a section to imply what is it you're having an issue with, so not really sure how to assist.

Well, sounds like you're using MQ2Grind, but can't be sure?
What automation are you using, or are you manually playing? Also can't be sure because you don't say.
You failed to post in a section to imply what is it you're having an issue with, so not really sure how to assist.
Yes, I was using mq2grind, 5 CWTN plugins and rgmercs. When the weird grind happened I went to the Bi'Fak camp there in FM. It's FV server. You're right I should have included that info in my original post. I just didn't want to sound like I was knocking the utilities as I know they run and run good on the Rathe.

OOOOOO... I think you're on to something. A couple chars have same name as ones on other server.
The INI's for CWTN are not server specific. So if you have 2 characters on different servers with the same name and the same class they will share an INI. Though I wouldn't expect the characters to not do anything (randomly stand around after combat) using any of the cwtn class modes.

Because there is outside influence (Grind) and we don't know what mode the Grind has it in, it's hard to know what exactly the issue is.
I believe grind has a button for the cwtn class to use some pre-setup default in it. @hytiek should perhaps be included in the conversation, and I suspect more details for settings you're using would need to be provided to understand what the issue is.

I was having odd issues with grind and my characters doing exactly what you describe, where my characters would grind like normal and then suddenly my tank would just be standing there watching everyone die.

it turned out i just hadnt restarted the rg launcher in a while, and i had a bunch of updates it wasnt catching until i restarted. Once all the plugins were updated it went away. double check your versions!

I was having odd issues with grind and my characters doing exactly what you describe, where my characters would grind like normal and then suddenly my tank would just be standing there watching everyone die.

it turned out i just hadnt restarted the rg launcher in a while, and i had a bunch of updates it wasnt catching until i restarted. Once all the plugins were updated it went away. double check your versions!
I've had this happen 3 or 4 times, resulted in some hilarious but fatal ToL missions. I would always camp out and restart from go, and finally noticed that the RG launcher needed updating. Hasn't happened since, and I check this site for updates every few hours now.

@Kilroy03 thank you for raising an issue which I'll look into regarding the safe entrance to the Drogga mission.

I will address this in the next update of MQ2Grind.
I went to a different server and rolled a group. Everything is acting wonky..... toons will be assisting away and next thing I know they're just standing there. I ran the FM grind and zoned into a mob who proceeded to wipe the group because they were waiting to gain control. What should I look into? Everything was updated before I logged in, I was sure each char was set to their respective role etc.

I've updated MQ2Grind with an early "resume" as you zone in. What I would recommend is that for your tank class resume configuration, specifically while using Goblins and Fools; I would add a resetcamp to it. For instance if your SHD class Resume configuration was `/shd pause off` I would change it to `/multiline ; /shd pause off; /timed 5 /shd resetcamp`

IRL - Went to a different server and things are wonky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back