• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Way to set pc(s) to auto shutoff? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
140¢
So here's my issue. I want to bot but I can't because I'm on a tlp that isn't allowed, so my next best option (unless someone knows a working bot for shm/bard, lol) is to have merc kill. Now I know it's frowned on but I want to leave them killing in a instance while at work.. instance lasts 6hrs. I'm thinking having all 3 computers shutoff somehow in 5hrs since i work 8 hours lol. I know confusing I just don't want public to flag me for 3 boxes as well as merc killing lol. - anyways thanks for the help!

So here's my issue. I want to bot but I can't because I'm on a tlp that isn't allowed, so my next best option (unless someone knows a working bot for shm/bard, lol) is to have merc kill. Now I know it's frowned on but I want to leave them killing in a instance while at work.. instance lasts 6hrs. I'm thinking having all 3 computers shutoff somehow in 5hrs since i work 8 hours lol. I know confusing I just don't want public to flag me for 3 boxes as well as merc killing lol. - anyways thanks for the help!
Windows 10 has a task scheduler. Google it

Just remember, AFK play is frowned on for a reason here. It's probably by far the leading instigator that brings the ire of other players down on all MQ users. Even those who are always present and doing their best to play well with everyone around them.

I agree with the sentiment that AFK play is NOT a good idea ever. I know it's tempting, but do not do it. You WILL get a suspension or a ban from it. High risk activity you are talking about as well. Sounds like you may be playing during DBG business hours? If so, they may roll through an sweep certain zones / instances to catch AFK players. Then it's done. It would be a little different if you tried doing these things outside business hours. But I still wouldn't do it out of general respect for the other players in the game.

I am not trying to insult you or anything. I am just trying to save you some headache here.

Question - Way to set pc(s) to auto shutoff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back