• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Watch your accounts!! (1 Viewer)

gtzrider21

RedCents
Well , I just was looking at my account and noticed that if you go to Store purchases and click View all i see my Credit card First and last 4 numbers as the very last entry. Now im not a genious, but this can be used to aid in account theft. It shows up only on my real old account not on my newer ones. So I'm recommending to check and petition it like i did if its there. Just a heads up hate to hear about people getting accounts stolen. : )

P.S. Sorry for my bad use of punctuation.

actually i'm trying to get an account back and am looking for the original first and last 4 of the credit card, have any other ideas of how to do that? here's the info i got from sony. (this was for my bard that got banned for killing the fabled overking, queen, and prince of chardok)

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Since this was done using an exploit with the geometry other than the use of a third party program, we have decided to release your account so you may once again play once ownership of the account has been verified. If you wish to verify account ownership please reply with the following information:

Station Name
Real Name
Birth Date
Zip Code
Email registered to the account
First and last four numbers of the credit card used to open the account
First and last four numbers of the credit card used to currently bill the account

Once you have verified ownership we will give you further instruction on how to regain access to your account. Please understand any further violations of our End User License Agreement and/or Play Nice Policies can result in action being taken against your account including permanent banning. Before you log in you may wish to review the changes to our policies at www.everquestlive.com to prevent any disruptions in the future.

Regards,

EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com
--------------------------------------
Sony Online Entertainment
www.station.sony.com
---------------------------------------
-If you reply to this message please be sure to include the entire thread of our prior correspondence. Thank you

gtzrider21 said:
Well , I just was looking at my account and noticed that if you go to Store purchases and click View all i see my Credit card First and last 4 numbers as the very last entry. Now im not a genious, but this can be used to aid in account theft. It shows up only on my real old account not on my newer ones. So I'm recommending to check and petition it like i did if its there. Just a heads up hate to hear about people getting accounts stolen. : )

strange, the only thing i see is...
2/21/03 976999594 EQ Subscriptions $12.95
or if you go into it...

Billing Address Order No. Order Date
XXXXXXXXX 976999594 2/21/03

tell them you dont have the card any more siddan, and cant get hold of the info..

they told me to e-mail orrigional address then, and i got account back :)

I have only seen this valid on really old accounts like 5 years old. Can anyone else verify this for me i have only 2 friends accounts i have seen this on so far.

gtzrider21 said:

gtzrider21, nice find redcent to you :)

as example which numbers are the first 4 and last 4 ==>

12/13/99 63.23.154.89-1008954675-776239-6421-5 EQ Subscriptions $9.89

this is the first Account Details then follow many more, expations, subscription, ect.

Thanks a lot trying get my accountA(CharacterA) to another server in another accountB=same info in both only thing stupid me, didnt change billing was denide, now need to seek for cc digits,

Thanks
Yuyu

Ok, personal info ID theft aside, there is something about credit cards that everyone should know.

The first 4 numbers pose absolutely no threat. To the best of my memory, all master cards has 1 set of the 1st 4 number. The same applies to discover, visa, amex, etc. It's possible I'm mistaken but I'm 99% sure. I've enough cards I can actually shuffle them like playing cards and they follow this "rule".

Now, if someone calls you and says, "Hi, I'm from Discover and I'm calling to verify activity on your credit card in the Caymen Islands. The first 4 numbers are 6011 (or whatever they are), and we need you to verify the remaining numbers so we can get the purchase off of your credit." Bingo, now they have all your #s and you're fek'd. Protect the remaining 12 numbers (or less for amex) like you would your testicles in a naked dart throwing duel. Personally, I recommend getting a single credit card with a low credit line for using online for anyone who's really interested in being cautious. Hope this helps and informs someone.

Norrathian said:
Ok, personal info ID theft aside, there is something about credit cards that everyone should know.

The first 4 numbers pose absolutely no threat. To the best of my memory, all master cards has 1 set of the 1st 4 number. The same applies to discover, visa, amex, etc. It's possible I'm mistaken but I'm 99% sure. I've enough cards I can actually shuffle them like playing cards and they follow this "rule".

Now, if someone calls you and says, "Hi, I'm from Discover and I'm calling to verify activity on your credit card in the Caymen Islands. The first 4 numbers are 6011 (or whatever they are), and we need you to verify the remaining numbers so we can get the purchase off of your credit." Bingo, now they have all your #s and you're fek'd. Protect the remaining 12 numbers (or less for amex) like you would your testicles in a naked dart throwing duel. Personally, I recommend getting a single credit card with a low credit line for using online for anyone who's really interested in being cautious. Hope this helps and informs someone.

Good info, I've met a lot of people that didn't know this. Just to clarify though all discover cards start with 6011 (at least they used to, they start with 6 at least) but MasterCard starts with 5, Visa with 4. I forget what Amex is, either 3 or 7.

Watch your accounts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back