• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Warrior survivability (1 Viewer)

RedCents
237¢
Can someone help me make my 125 Warrior be able to tank blue LS trash mobs without dieing? Current gear is LS tier 1 raid, not many augs yet or many AAs beyond the given automatically. Even with a NoS tier 2 raid shield. Cleric healer. My SK can tank multiple mobs with no healer and survive.

Can someone help me make my 125 Warrior be able to tank blue LS trash mobs without dieing? Current gear is LS tier 1 raid, not many augs yet or many AAs beyond the given automatically. Even with a NoS tier 2 raid shield. Cleric healer. My SK can tank multiple mobs with no healer and survive.
Get the AAs.

I would recommend using MQ2War.

AA and Augs make all the difference. I have a 125 war max AA and mostly max Augs. I do not raid, so it's group gear. I was doing a grind today when my shaman healer got ganked and died. My warrior finished off the White con the group was fighting (80% health), then proceeded to kill the other white con that was mezzed. After that I rezzed the Shaman with tokens and the group continued along. Warriors ahve great survivability, but are most reliant on gear and AA since they have no healing on their own.

Are you playing your warrior manually?
You have to understand the class and all is abilities, I guess that goes for all classes. As pointed out already by others, gear and maxing out your AA's will go a long way. Grind away and complete collection sets to get the AA's. The good news is warriors don't have a ton of AA's to max out. Learn how to rotate your disciplines, figure out which abilities can stack. Warriors have lots of emergency abilities to use when the going gets tough. Fortitude, flash of anger, tenacity, resurgence, to name a few. I've been in a group where the main healer didn't realize he was the main healer, and thought I had a Merc out. He finally spoke up and asked if my Merc was set on passive. I told him we have a full group and no mercs are out. The only heals I was getting from him were nuke heals. A well played warrior can survive through a lot. But in order for any of us to help you out, we need to know exactly what you need help with and what your doing during a fight.

I have been playing my SK, and decided to make the 100 toon a Warrior, so I haven't a chance to really learn the Warrior since he dies every time I play him or try him on kissassist. I'll spend some time getting a full set of augs and grind out a few thousand AA. Is there I stat to go with? HStam, Hagi?

I think most warriors would say HDex. My warrior has higher HStam but my gear is lacking and it's a mix of ToL and Nos, my augs are whatever I find that will benefit me. But even being under geared I can still tank multiple mobs and run missions. Keeping your self buffs up at all times helps, and if You're not using it, you should add Penumbral Precision to your self buffs, that will help you with extra heals and you can keep that up at all times. You should be able to rotate Armor of Rallosian Runes, warriors resolve, your BP click, warlords bravery, even Climactic if you need to and you can also use end of the line, ecliptic and flash to help with the other disciplines. Pop Vigorous defense if everything else is on cool down. You spam keys should include Shield Rupture and Infuriate and anything else that has a quick cool down. Don't forget about activating tribute and trophies.

I bought some augs, still need a few 7 and 8s. He is doing a lot better than the last time I used him to tank. Currently 42333 AAs, still takes some big hits though. Maybe it's just me lol.

@Moorg … what everyone said, plus get your 3 breastplate clickies. Current content, COTF, Anguish and all your quality if life clickies…see my clickies list and get on it, still have time with anniversary going on

IRL - Warrior survivability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back