• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Warp pet (1 Viewer)

RedCents
Just asking if this is possible. To be able to warp pet?

1. would be great for pulls
2. the server doesnt log pet movment and tracking of pets as far as i know.

someoneorsomething said:

You don't have any control over the pet as such, so no. The server controls how it moves, like it does other NPCs.

if you could warp a pet you could warp an npc i would think since that all a pet is. btw there is a spell call summon compaion (sp) that summons your pet to your location.

But what he wants is to put the pet by a mob to pull it I would imagine. There was a trick to use eye of zomms as I recall to move a pet to some where you normaly couldn't get a pet.

Homogenn said:
You don't have any control over the pet as such, so no. The server controls how it moves, like it does other NPCs.

Is the distance check when issue a pet command client side?
a scenario would be :
place pet in prospective spot.pet hold.go wherever you want.pet attack.pet backoff. Voilla long range pet pulls!

someoneorsomething said:

What's the end result you're looking to be able to do?

If the pet checks are done clientside, then I'd think you could simply use MQ2Ghost, which tells your client you're another spot than the server thinks, and then just get the pet to come to you. /pet hold, then attack mob, ghost back, /pet back off

Just idle speculation though

I think the reason he asked is he is looking to be able to warp his pet TO the mob not from the mob. No need to warp a pet from the mob when you can just summon him. Being able to warp your pet TO a mob on the other hand, could be very useful lol.

There is a mob i want to kill that has see invis all around it. And I want the pet to attack it from accross zone then pull the pet to my side. this way the mob would just warp right to me with minimal adds. I do have a summon companion clicky. Now ghost to him then gaurd the pet might work and with a well timed summon companion i think it will work

EvenLessSpam said:
If the pet checks are done clientside, then I'd think you could simply use MQ2Ghost, which tells your client you're another spot than the server thinks, and then just get the pet to come to you. /pet hold, then attack mob, ghost back, /pet back off

Just idle speculation though

Good thought, but let's think about it for a second. Your pet is an npc. The server controls NPCs. That's been covered. If you ghost from point A to point B, the server still thinks you're at point A. You said that yourself. Think about what I just said, and see if you can spot the major hole in this theory.

Decent idea but if it is server side then I dunno. However a few years ago I had a friend that was writing his own version of macroquest. He was doin some things that were different for the time. He was the first on our server to PoEarth/water etc using his version. ANYWAYS back to the point. The version he wrote would allow him to warp things to him. I zoned into pok once and bam he summoned me to the top of the library. Granted I'm a pc and not npc but perhaps it is possible. He did end up getting banned eventually but as I said he was able to do quite a few things, duping, summoning, etc. Ill see if I can find his email addy and see if he remembers anything from that time.

That was a few years ago, I imagine they would have fixed most of that by now.

I'm still taking class, but from what I know, the server controls the pet, it controls how your pet moves. When you ghost, your pet stays at the location the server thinks you are. when you warp, your pet catches up with you.. i'm sorry, but I honestly see no way warping your pet would be possible, that would be server-side manipulation

Maybe this would work...just a thought

mq2ghost plugin

/ghost to where the mob is, send in pet
/ghost return
/pet hold

I dont use the plugin but it sounds feasable

Maybe some type of plugin integration could be done to allow you to warp just your ghosted self to a mob, thinking that you could warp ghosted portion of yourself without it being so obvious to the server.

I dont know how to code plugins so unsure how possible any of this is.

FEEDBACK PLS

nyghteyes said:
Maybe this would work...just a thought

mq2ghost plugin

/ghost to where the mob is, send in pet
/ghost return
/pet hold

I dont use the plugin but it sounds feasable

Maybe some type of plugin integration could be done to allow you to warp just your ghosted self to a mob, thinking that you could warp ghosted portion of yourself without it being so obvious to the server.

I dont know how to code plugins so unsure how possible any of this is.

FEEDBACK PLS

pet would stay where you were when you ghosted and unless you were relatively close to your origional location he'd ignore the attack command. It's be just like targeting the mob and sending in pet without ghosting.

Warp pet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back