• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Emo - Warhammers (1 Viewer)

This game starts off with 10 points of extra credit just because I spent my High School years playing the table top game instead of spending money on cars, girls, or meth. I know that almost every reliable source out there is saying "this game is teh suck, put it back in for 9 more months at 400 degrees", but I'm willing to give it a try.

The flat art concept designs for the game look fantastic, and even if the final renders are just 50% as hawt as these sketches, it still makes the artwork 200% better than 95% of fantasy based games out there (sorry, got a little heavy with the math there). Much love to Blizzard for their fantastic games, but they have heavily borrowed their art and design from the Warhammer fantasy and 40k universes.

Plus, you can't beat the Witch Hunter.

i've gotta try it out, obviously.

after seeing recent screens, it looks like the graphic polish has gone way up since i played it (duh), but more important to me than the overall quality of textures is how it animates, and feels.

every time i crapped on warhammer, i always added the disclaimer that i hope they pull it off, and we'll see how it goes.

Well, if you head over to your local Target (I don't know if they have them in Japan, but you can try online) they have a Pre-Release box of WAR for $.99. It has an open beta key in the box and a $5 off coupon for the game, as well as access to two in game items. I picked one up today and will get my beta account set up when I get home tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I am going to be gay and play a Swordmaster I think. I want to play a tank and the Orcs and Dwarves are ugly as fuck. I have to play a chick so Chaos tanks are out. *shrug*

Anyone in the CE Beta at present?

Im indifferent to WAR, i never played the game itself. I think its big selling point is that its based on warhammer (duh i guess) and it will probably do well based on that fact alone, alot of warhammer players in the UK are pretty die hard, I guess due to the the way GW operate with small friendly shops.

I dont see any big attraction in it, it looks like wow in warhammer and im willing to bet it wont have the same "feeling" as wow. Logic says all rpgs are the same, kill stuff, get experience, level up, but feeling is what makes you play the game for 5 hours straight or just binning it.

They have a few nifty things they are including like public quests that IMO if utilized well will do much to bring a bit of community back to MMOs. It is so lacking in WoW.

I've got the collectors edition preordered from amazon, just waiting for them to open up beta :)

Myself, I'm planning on going a Black Guard ^.^

Well I'm in beta mostly due to my purchase of my Collectors Edition. The pre-order got me into Beta... typical, my mates get in more or less in the first wave and I have to PAY to get into beta a month out from release. GOD HATES ME!!

Anyway, I really, really, really hope this game does succeed. Not because I am a Warhammer fanboy, because I really don't like the alternatives... and Fallen Earth doesn't go into beta until NEXT year. :(

I am playing on Tyrion at present if anyone is in CE beta.

Black Guards, Choppas, Knights(I think that is the human tank?! *shrug*), and whatever the fuck the dorf melee dps class was are out for release.
Hopefully they will add them back in at some point in the near future because should I be forced to play Destruction I absolutely cannot play a male tank!! It's blasphemy or something.

I get the feeling destruction will outnumber order at release anyway since the "bad guys" can also not look retarded. (yes that is why horde has less players than alliance. they look stupid.) Not to mention every closet internet homo fantasizes about being a vampire and dark elves pull this off fairly well.

New job today, so I don't know whether I'll get a chance to play tonight, or this week.

Someone tell me if the squig herder looks as fun as it looks.

I would also like to know the most powerful class in the game. More requests to come.

From what I have read the squig herder sounds like it will not be as exciting as it first sounded since you can only use 1 squig at a time. The only other real pet class is the White Lion. The engineer and magus pets are more like turrets than anything.

Yeah, Engineers look pretty boss.

Oh, and Iso needs some love from someone else. Both Targets in my area are SOLD OUT of Warhammer Pre-Order Betas!!!!

Yeah, Engineers look pretty boss.

Oh, and Iso needs some love from someone else. Both Targets in my area are SOLD OUT of Warhammer Pre-Order Betas!!!!

Well, I'm currently on vacation n Florida. We're heading into Ft. Meyers today, I'l see if we pass a target. If so, I'll go in and check if they have some left. If not, I get home on Saturday and will head to my local Target and try to grab one. They had a ton when I got mine.

Well the NDA is lifted. Open beta starts the 7th. Preview weekend this weekend. Oh the endless excitement.

Not much to fuck up really. The game is just a cross between WoW and DAoC with the WoW raiding and DAoC crafting left out. *shrug*

This game looks nor feels nothing like WoW. Just because there are orcs and elves doesn't mean its like WoW. The crafting system is great (even though talisman making was turned off in the preview weekend). RvR was the most fun in PvP I've had since...CS 1.6? lol. I had a lot of fun taking keeps, defending them. The scenarios (kinda like battlegrounds, but didn't teleport you back to town when you are done) were very fun...much smaller and faster pace than BGs.

PQs/Public Quests are very rewarding...although the loot is distributed a little too randomly I think. Too many times I worked my ass off to get a gold medal and 400 points to finish....#10+ from someone that joined for 3 spells and no medal at all, and just happened to roll a huge ass number.

I dunno it looks and plays a lot like a crappier version of WoW to me. The game is not as responsive and the classes aren't as unique as WoW's but the art style is very similar (WoW looks a little bit better I think). The UI is probably about the same as the default WoW UI with a bit more freedom to move boxes where you like. The PvE levelling is similar to WoW's for the most part, just an endless stream of quests that drag you along from area to area. As a disclaimer I *do* like this game. It is fun. It's just not the greatest thing to hit the shelves since the dawn of the MMO. Anyway... More bitching and complaining.

Most of the content is soloable with mobs having varying ranks to display their difficulty (i.e. Champion, Hero, Lord, etc mobs are harder). I would say about half the classes can solo Champ mobs close to their level while hero or lord mobs should be impossible to solo. Most of the mobs have the typical tank and spank dynamic starting out which I think yields to a bit more scripted content higher end.

The biggest difference between Warhammer and WoW imo is the fact that the game keeps a sort of global score for PvP in certain areas. Like how WoW keeps score for the towers in E Plaguelands if it did it for a larger area. Warhammer does this for the "contested areas". It then assigns buffs to the winning side and resets.

I don't think the combat in Warhammer is as good as the combat in WoW. This was also my biggest problem with DAoC. The combat system was so terrible it made it hard to enjoy the rest of the game. Warhammer has the most annoying universal cooldown system of any game I have ever played. Combat does not seem to flow properly. This is especially bad on classes like the Swordmaster and Black Orc who's combat gimmick seems like it is designed to have them "dance" through their special attacks. You cannot really judge when to hit your next attack by your character's actions, you have to watch the hotbar until you get used to the timing and ignore what your character is doing. It also seems to have some nifty effects where if you time it too perfectly your character will do the animation for a special ability, the ability will think it went off starting it's individual cooldown in addition to the global cooldown, but the ability will not have fired. There are a ton of other annoyances here but suffice to say if you are expecting the combat to be as refined as WoWs you are in for a disappointment IMO.

PvP is what this game is supposed to do well. I think it's quite fun personally, especially the fact that you can get really good exp from killing other players. The biggest problem is that like DAoC this is a carebear game at heart. Like WoW the world is laid out into consentual and non-consentual PvP areas. Unlike WoW the consentual areas are there throughout the whole game. So you can basically catass your way to max level without any fear of having someone switch on your nerd rage. On top of this if you as a higher level person are thinking of molesting lower level characters you can forget it, you will be turned into a chicken! So yes like DAoC this is NOT a hardcore PvP game. It is a consentual PvP game. That being said they are looking at putting in some sort of open ruleset that will bring the game up to being somewhere between only slightly more pussified than WoW or roughly equal to WoW PvP wise (i.e. you have non-consentual PvP everywhere but killing newbies still = chicken or maybe they will take the chicken out).

Really the only thing this game brings to the market are public quests and open groups. Everything else has been done before and done better. The whole time I played this I just felt like I was playing the bastard child of DAoC and WoW pussified further for mass consumption. *shrug*

But!! It is entertaining... And it has the same two lovely things that AoC brought to the table. It's NEW!!! And it runs well enough that you won't crash every 5 minutes!! Sadly this is all it takes to get me to play a non-korean MMO.

Oh last bitch, you can't talk to the opposing team. I HATE this in every single game that implements it. (WoW and DAoC I am looking at you!)

Emo - Warhammers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back