• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - War, Bard and ??? (1 Viewer)

soulchillin

RedCents
50¢
Looking for a third for my box team. As the title says i have a Warrior and Bard so far and was looking for a third to Molo/box end game group content on live. My normal go to would be a Shaman but just wondering if there might be something better. i know a lot of classes get new spells 100plus that kinda change the game for them.

Looking for a third for my box team. As the title says i have a Warrior and Bard so far and was looking for a third to Molo/box end game group content on live. My normal go to would be a Shaman but just wondering if there might be something better. i know a lot of classes get new spells 100plus that kinda change the game for them.
you should always try and cover the main bases - real tank, real healer (clr or shm), real cc (personal pref: bard for melee, ench for caster)

if you're only 3 boxing, merc healers are alright - but they're not great

I would consider doing something like:
war, bard, zerk, then you can clr merc, rog merc, rog merc (and pop a second heal merc if need be)
war bard clr, then rog, rog, rog mercs
war bard shm, clr merc, rog merc,rog mec

you have a tank
you have merc healers
you have cc and adps
you are missing legit dps (your choice of caster or melee)

I would go with bsty running a bard has a few options that way ability to off tank ability to tank if war dies and dam good dps

if ur using redguides tho might as well go all 6
Not necessarily. The more characters you have, the more you have to work at itemization and potentially also pay kronos so you can max AA's. I _really_ do not like the itemization game, and 3 is my limit anymore before I get bored AF doing it.

I can understand Kronos tho not much of a deal get a icy item every now then sell for 3 or 6 Kronos and free accounts

war, bard, zerk, then you can clr merc, rog merc, rog merc (and pop a second heal merc if need be)

I like this idea a lot. i do plan to use Redguides once i get tier 2.

if ur using redguides tho might as well go all 6

Ya i dont really wanna play that many toons. but i also like the bsty Idea too. i have both a bst and zerk ready to use ill just need to pick one.

Ya i dont really wanna play that many toons. but i also like the bsty Idea too. i have both a bst and zerk ready to use ill just need to pick one.
I totally feel this. 6 characters to maintain is absolutely too much for me. 3 is pushing it, but doable. I definitely prefer 1 character, but that's nearly impossible in the modern game.

I would pick a cleric and run 3 rogue mercs or possibly shm and get him a rez stick but that will take some work. Sic's recommendation on the different group settings is spot on. The shm will help add dps but the war/bard/cler 3 box is hard to beat, especially if the war is geared enough to dual wield tank, the dps is pretty good with bard boosting your two clubbin warrior.

Question - War, Bard and ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back