• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Video Card Driver issue (1 Viewer)

tsguy

RedCents
I have a Dell Latitude D800 with a GeForce FX Go5200 video card. My HD had to be replaced. Got EQ re-loaded, went to run and got the default - go get the updated driver 8185. Can't find such a driver on Dell or Nvidia. I have the latest driver from Dell, which doesn't mean much. I have no idea what I did before to get the driver updated - had this system too long.

Anyways, besides the obvious solution of pitching the Dell out the window - any help or direction on getting the rigth driver? If I just hit ignore,EQ runs like a 2 legged donkey on crack (aka not so good). (BTW EQ was running fine before I had my HD and such replaced.)

Thanks for the help.

Not selling it just have the same issue ... fastest way I found was to register on www.driveragent.com and it will scan and download it also fix all your other drives...

otherwise have fun getting just the driver and not have to do the whole install which we all know will not run on aa Dell laptop without an error...

if you still cannot get it PM me and I can look around and see if I have it someplace

Pretty sure I had a problem like this on an old dell laptop as well, I think this is the driver line I used to remedy the situation, it doesn't state that it supports GeForce FX 5200 Go, but it does support GeForce FX 5200. I am pretty sure this one will work for you, let me know if it doesn't and I will go through my old files and see if I can find the one I used on my old laptop.

Nvidia Driver Download GeForce FX 5200 93.71

Anthrax

Anthrax said:
Pretty sure I had a problem like this on an old dell laptop as well, I think this is the driver line I used to remedy the situation, it doesn't state that it supports GeForce FX 5200 Go, but it does support GeForce FX 5200. I am pretty sure this one will work for you, let me know if it doesn't and I will go through my old files and see if I can find the one I used on my old laptop.

Nvidia Driver Download GeForce FX 5200 93.71

Anthrax

I downloaded this driver and tried to install - Nvidia says that it can't find compatible hardware? Any ideas?

I appreciate the help, this is just frustrating. You'd think drivers wouldn't be such a pain in the ass.

tsguy said:
I downloaded this driver and tried to install - Nvidia says that it can't find compatible hardware? Any ideas?

I appreciate the help, this is just frustrating. You'd think drivers wouldn't be such a pain in the ass.

Well, the problem was the "Go" hardware didn't go over very well, and I believe it ended up being the task of the distributor, i.e. Dell, Compaq, etc, to handle drivers. I'll see if I can find what I used.

Anthrax

PS: Try this one from Dell website, let me know if it works.

Dell Download Link for Driver

That didn't work. When I rebooted and tried to load up EQ I got the "you are using driver version 6.14.10.7811. Go get 8185 yada yada yada..." I looked in the device manager, the date on this driver is 7/6/2005.

Again, thanks for the help.

www.laptopvideo2go.com This is where I went for drivers for my Dell Nvidia card. Had an old laptop with a "special" Nvidia card that wasn't supported by Nvidia for updates, they told me I needed to go to Dell to get a new driver, and that was like pissin in the wind. It was someone in-game that told me about this site, and it is the shiz. You can use the most up to date driver from Nvidia if you get it from this site. Just read the how-to on their boards and you're home-free.

Edit: Just went to the site myself and it appears they had some trouble with their server recently, but it looks like they are back up and doing business.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

Tried this and when Nvidia loads up it says I don't have any compatible hardware and shuts down. I even went bacl and uninstalled the old driver and tried to load this one up - same crap. I'm starring at the device manager and the FX Go5200 is ths card.

Is there anyway to load in that driver without having to use the NVIDIA wizard?

I'll try this other site that was posted too and see what luck I have.

/sigh

tsguy said:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.85.html

Tried this and when Nvidia loads up it says I don't have any compatible hardware and shuts down. I even went bacl and uninstalled the old driver and tried to load this one up - same crap. I'm starring at the device manager and the FX Go5200 is ths card.

Is there anyway to load in that driver without having to use the NVIDIA wizard?

I'll try this other site that was posted too and see what luck I have.

/sigh

Try it through device manager, go to the unknown device, and try to apply a driver to it. Driver files should be somewhere on your C: drive from the nvidia install attempt. I'm out of things to tell ya man, what that last fellow said was the next thing I was going to have you try.

Anthrax

Went in through device manager and manually selected the files. Ended up having to select FX 5200 in the card list - seemed to load up and EQ isn't giving me the driver screen. For some reason the NVIDIA wizard wasn't letting me load the FX 5200 driver for the FX Go5200. Well, we'll see how EQ acts.

Thanks for the help.

tsguy said:
Went in through device manager and manually selected the files. Ended up having to select FX 5200 in the card list - seemed to load up and EQ isn't giving me the driver screen. For some reason the NVIDIA wizard wasn't letting me load the FX 5200 driver for the FX Go5200. Well, we'll see how EQ acts.

Thanks for the help.

Your welcome, think that should work for you.

Anthrax

Yes, thanks for the help. I was able to load up EQ last night and all was well. The problem appeared to the be NVIDIA wizard. Since I have the FX Go5200, it wouldn't recognize my driver/card since it was looking for the FX 5200. The work around thru Device manager was the key, I was able to manually select and load FX 5200 and get the 81.85 driver loaded.

tsguy said:
Yes, thanks for the help. I was able to load up EQ last night and all was well. The problem appeared to the be NVIDIA wizard. Since I have the FX Go5200, it wouldn't recognize my driver/card since it was looking for the FX 5200. The work around thru Device manager was the key, I was able to manually select and load FX 5200 and get the 81.85 driver loaded.

Awesome man, glad it worked.

<~----- RED Cents say thank you! :D

Video Card Driver issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back