• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Very Vanilla & KA vs. MQ2 (1 Viewer)

ToppaDop

RedCents
89¢
Hi Everyone,

I am new to multi-boxing but the prospect of it looks very fun. My friend currently runs MQ2 with 12 characters but it looks very overwhelming. I stumbled upon RedGuides and from watching the videos put out on Very Vanilla and also Kiss Assist, it looks a lot more manageable. I am what I would call technologically friendly but am not a software developer or that familiar with coding so I wanted to ask the community and those with a similar background to me how difficult it was to set up, troubleshoot, and use in general. Thanks :)

Howdy ToppaDop! Welcome to RG

There is a LOT of information and options within MQ2, so it can seem overwhelming, but you can be up and running within very few minutes.

you can see the RedGuide's new user videos > HERE <

Just some clarification for you - Kissassist is a macro, which runs on the MacroQuest2 "platform" - there are tons of macros that perform various functions and they work inside that framework of MQ2. VeryVanilla is a custom compilation of MQ2, with some "in house" RG specific plugins, macros, guides, community, support etc.

Think of the system as Hierarchical. MQ2 is the baseline that our macros and plugins run upon. You can run any macro at a time, just one(per toon), but you can run multiple plugins at once, concurrently with a macro, or without any macro. There are different macros that can be used to drive your toons, like KA, or IHC, etc etc. There are also some specialized plugins that can drive your toon such as mq2berzerker, or mq2war.

I think the simplest way to think of it is, if I want to automate or partially automate a group I need MQ2 for everything, and then choose either a macro or a plugin to drive that toon. The macro or plugin I choose will determine what settings I need to define, or if it's an all-in-one solution that I don't need to futz with much, but I have to settle for the performance it gives as defined by the author.

Last edited:
Got it. Thank you for that clarification. Is it fair to say that VeryVanilla is just a more digestible, UI friendly version of MQ2 without the cheats?
absolutely - no active hacks, non-toxic community - we love new users who have no idea what's going on --- you'd be surprised how quickly you can go from "i have no idea what's going on" to "I AM l337 MQ2 User_5000". Plus RedGuides has an incredible amount of creators continually creating and collaborating on new stuff. This place is awesome

Hi @ToppaDop and welcome,
Not only do you have a Safe version of MQ2 here (as long as you don;t get caught AFK killing), you have many forms to play with the different plugins and macros that are custom for the users here, plus the creators and users really help a LOT to explain issues and share experiences. Many of us state how we could not be happy to play EQ without VV. There can be easy ways to start or start slower and watch videos and read.. but no matter what you will find your playtime experience a lot happier and more fulfilling..just my opnion.

Question - Very Vanilla & KA vs. MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back