• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Vendor bug? (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,730¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I just tried to sell 3M+ worth of stuff to a vendor and got like 1.1M instead of the 3.3Mil I was supposed to... I remember this happening AGES ago trying to sell too much from a bag at once (I wish i remembered BEFORE this just happened) :(

my log only shows "I'll give you 238 platinum 9 silver 5 copper per Blue Diamond" and doesn't show the number of the item.

When you click on a bag in inventory it shows how much it would sell for all the items inside, (doesn't log that), but when I click sell, it gave me much much less. something to do with stack size I guess?

Probably something to do with the limit on the variable used for plat values on sales. Kinda like the cap for purchasing items on barter is 2m. If you take the 2m from the expected 3.3m you're left with a roll around and back to 1.3m instead.

Perhaps a bug report to DBG is in order?

Probably something to do with the limit on the variable used for plat values on sales. Kinda like the cap for purchasing items on barter is 2m. If you take the 2m from the expected 3.3m you're left with a roll around and back to 1.3m instead.

Perhaps a bug report to DBG is in order?
Interesting suggestion on what happened. I wish i had piles of plat so I could try and reproduce it lol. I'll consider petitioning, but man do I hate talking to customer service

I have seen someone post about selling Diamonds and Blue diamonds (stacks and stacks of them) and getting far less than was expected, but he said he had looted them in a fashion that was frowned up on, so he didn't report the issue.

I feel like this was an issue during ROS beta that I worked on with Ngreth. I can't remember if they fixed it entirely or just fixed it so when you sold the new expensive TS components they only would sell 100 at a time. Chat is correct in that it is an issue with the bit size issue with how currency was stored.

I had issues selling more then 100 diamonds at once and losing money sold 356 blue diamonds got like only 90k

I had issues selling more then 100 diamonds at once and losing money sold 356 blue diamonds got like only 90k

356*250 pp = 89000 pp

This bug only shows up when your selling whole bags, assuming it hasn't been fixed by dbg. I sell stacks all the time, 1000 at a time and no issue with my diamonds/blue diamonds/etc

356*250 pp = 89000 pp

This bug only shows up when your selling whole bags, assuming it hasn't been fixed by dbg. I sell stacks all the time, 1000 at a time and no issue with my diamonds/blue diamonds/etc

you and your *MATH* and your *FACTS* pshhhh!

Man if this is happening I've lost millions... I sell stacks of diamonds without checking all the time. :toot:

Question - Vendor bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back