• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Using /zone in DoDH (1 Viewer)

Warrene

RedCents
20¢
I attempted to /zone from Undershore to Corathus Creep and received a "bad short name" message. I'm confident I typed in the correct name. Have I missed an update somewhere and, if so, to what? Haven't tried the other zones in DoDH, so I'm not sure if it's systemic across the new area or not...or maybe it's just me.

Thanks for listening :)

What short name are you using? If you are using "undershore" that is wrong. I forget that name, but do a /who all <name> of someone in the zone and it will display the correct shortname for that zone.

Got the names from the name of the map file. Was in Undershore (EastKorlach) trying to zone back into Corathus Creep (Corathus). Had the same problem trying to zone from Stoneroot (WestKorlach) back into Undershore.

Cosmic said:
Set MAX_ZONES in your EQData.h file to 0x171

You're saying we need a new compile. I haven't successfully compiled on my own, so I'll push this on as a challenge/request for those who have been kind enough to compile for the rest of us.

If someone has already done this, please identify your most recent compile and I'll give it a go.

Cosmic, thanks for the feedback!

Just realized I have Twarp doing the /zone work. I've unloaded that in favor of using Cadestuff and will try again.

PS. Cadestuff is an awesome effort and a great example of creatively adding features to make a tool versatile as well as powerful (eg. /removecommand to allow plugins to co-exist...just remembered I removed /zone, hence the epiphany)

Last edited:
Using /zone in DoDH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back