• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Update Tonight (1 Viewer)

Moonspell

RedCents
I don't think the .exe will be changed, but I could be wrong.

Scheduled Server Update

All EverQuest English language servers will be coming down at 4:00 AM PDT (-7 UTC) on Wednesday October 12, 2005 for an update. The estimated downtime is 5 hours.

Here are a few Update Highlights for tomorrow's update:

- Lesser Faydark and Mistmoore Castle have been returned to their previous states.

- Depths of Darkhollow has been added to the atlas.

- The AC cap has been increased for bards levels 50+.

- The return on AC over the cap has been increased for clerics levels 50+.

- A done button has found its way back onto the Merchant Window.

great...eh, hope no new .exe, and doesn't look like one seeing as those updates won't affect the .exe..comes down in 3 mins :-(

Funny...since the september 30 ui patch was cancelled, this has been up for weeks as being a ui patch, but now no mention of ui:)

There going to leave split paw as is and return mistmoore? That doesnt make too much sense but hmm

Was just on game I only got on at 430 my time but no warning of patch till 649 Server coming down in 11 minutes please plan accordingly was thinking they cancelled it again........

port

I am at work, so I dont know when I last patched here, so when I downloaded a new eqgame.exe, I wasnt too concerned.

However.. to test it I downloaded Cade's new compile.. Incorrect Client Version :(

so will it give Incorrect Client Version each time now? I just sucessfully compiled my MQ2Docrack and I wanted to test it out and I got that message. Did I do anything wrong at all on the docrack or is the client version due to the eqgame.exe?

How do I find out what causes it? :(

The devs provide source code. That code needs to be compiled to be used. Most folks don't have the capacity or interest to establish and perform their own compiles. Cosmic is one of several highly competent volunteers who perform and post for distribution compiles that the rest of us can use.

Say thank you, as often as you can, to Cosmic, Cade and the others who contribute in this significant capacity.

Warrene said:
Most folks don't have the capacity or interest to establish and perform their own compiles.

There are also a lot of people like myself that can't get ahold of VC.Net to start compiling either. I can't afford to get the software from e-bay, definately cannot afford to buy it from the site, and don't personally know anyone that has it at the moment to pirate it from. I do appreciate all of the compilers for their work as well, and as soon as I find the program I'll start doing some work myself.

for those of you screaming "I AM POOR" "I Can not get VS or compiler"

Go to the compile for free thread.. PUGS tells you how to get a FREE

READ AGAIN ... FREE

compiler

/sigh

Hmm yes you can compile for free, but then again you can get VS for free too, and if its easier, and you have the HD space, logically theres no reason not to
I got VS.net 2003 and it didnt cost me a cent

*go to http://thepiratebay.org

*search for a visual studio to download (NOTE: If you're getting .net, make sure the iso files have the PREREQUISITE!! you may wanna do a search in the bar for "prerequisite" seperately with the applications checkbox marked. you need it to start installing

*get Daemon, or a virtual cd/dvd drive program that lets you run isos by creating an artificial drive

download and have fun

compiling, for n00bs is a completely different story. im still a bit of one but im past compiling MQ2 in general so ill help through those steps

Warrene said:
The devs provide source code. That code needs to be compiled to be used. Most folks don't have the capacity or interest to establish and perform their own compiles. Cosmic is one of several highly competent volunteers who perform and post for distribution compiles that the rest of us can use.

Say thank you, as often as you can, to Cosmic, Cade and the others who contribute in this significant capacity.
I have the interest, and I certainly have the knowledge. I just don't have the capacity as of now. All i've achieved so far is creating my own macros and I only altered the values of the code I already saw.

Case in point, im sure alot of people are fine with just the devs contributions, but im sure im not the only one who wants to be self-sufficient, but i dont know how to learn the more intricate factors. if i did id be doing it left and right on a bunch of things.

Update Tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back