• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Update on oct 26th... (1 Viewer)

raistlin8989

RedCents
10¢
from eqlive site, for those who don't visit...
Upcoming Update
The next scheduled update is planned for October 26, 2005. A sneak peek at some of the planned highlights will be posted in the next few days.

EDIT: more nerfage to come soon...stay tuned

/cries damn them .. we are still getting things working from last patch!!!

i bet this will mean struct changes in mq2 ..

/sigh

on the up note.. this gives me another chance to make these friggin self compiles work .. ggrrrrrr

8-)

Sounds about right, give us those damn skelly's back :) Too bad we cant farm the gear for our other toons tho lmao...(sry for those who have been banned, dont mean to offend lol)

I have a feeling there are gonna be a hell of a lot of exploits with this halloween patch. Hopefully a new story line event, faction wars are always fun to exploit.

ya, just like sony, nerf a few great things, then come out with a whole bunch more (exploit-wise), forbid sony come out with something good purposely :D

boo they gonna nerf the Butcherblock MM mission on oc 26th, no sneak/hide ability for the monster rogue, and only 1/4th the chests will spawn. /sniffle i enjoy waking up to 13 banked aa and 1-2 levels on my twinks while they sit in guild hall

Mochila said:
We ought to be careful after this next patch....We saw what happened last one, they might sneak something else in...

I was thinkin the same. Thurz danger in them thar patches.

I'm assuming /gate /zone /warp would be the easiest to track besides nodrop in shared. Anything else that would be easily tracked? I'm no expert.. I really wanna know.

Hell, i'm just hoping they don't start looking into how many hours a day characters are gaining xp... :eek:

Acidon, I honestly believe they are after active hacks..no shared, that hack that allowed you to loot others corpses, ghost killing, that kinda stuff.

/warp, /gate and the macroing part I think is the safest.

Just remember, always keep gate potions on your toons you gate with! :p

Lol warp/gate/fade/zone are the biggest active hacks out there, besides the one that let you loot other corpses (Which is an instant ban now)

boo they gonna nerf the Butcherblock MM mission on oc 26th, no sneak/hide ability for the monster rogue, and only 1/4th the chests will spawn. /sniffle i enjoy waking up to 13 banked aa and 1-2 levels on my twinks while they sit in guild hall

Where did you get this info from? I can only assume it is true since Sony ALWAYS has to nerf the players really want. Funny though, they are slowly but surely nerfing and taking away all the features of the new expansion that they pushed so hard to make. I was sick to death of doing this mission over and over day after day, but now I think I better buck up and grind out all I can from it before the dumbassess at sony take it away.

Just got this from eqlive site....

The next scheduled update is planned for October 26, 2005. Here are some of the things that are currently planned:

* New Default UI Skin
* Modifications to DoD Missions & Loot
* EverQuest will now use the Operating System's mouse so players can easily go between applications while in windowed mode
* Take a look at Kithicor for some holiday fun
* Players will have the ability to make their helms invisible
* Improved controls in the guild bank
* New command for opening a web browser from the game command prompt
* New Audio Triggers command
* Fix for the Pet HP for items
* Fix for the loss of mana/HP while zoning

Please join us on the Test server to see some of the changes.

This is what concerns me...

* Modifications to DoD Missions & Loot

Wonder if that actually does mean more MM nerfing.
God forbid Sony acutally leaving things the way players actually want it.

Its already on test server. Rogues no longer have the sneak/hide abilitys. And only 1/4 of the chests needed to complete the mission will spawn, requiring you to actually kill to complete it. So in otherwords its completely pointless to waste 45 minutes for 1 aa.

* New command for opening a web browser from the game command prompt

As much as i am just spinning ideas in my head about the possiblities of this as far as hacks/exploits go. I'm not even gonna bother, I wrote a mini browser plugin for the EQ UI back when it was first converted over to xml, it never worked cause i soon learned from a former guildie gone EQ Dev that SoE disabled html support in the UI. Now that its in, i can see them easily running packet sniffers on what goes in and out of that little web browser

dont think that they will be adding a brower feature to eq. i think its just running a system command to open your browser. i wouldnt be surprised if it default to IE. and no way to change it to firefox, mozilla etc..

Off subject.. if you dont have a hacked version of windows. look into getting ie7 beta. looks like ms finally got there head out of there ass and integraded what firefox does now.

Update on oct 26th...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back