• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Unanticipated Aggro from out of range (1 Viewer)

joojoobee

A Member to Remember
RedCents
4,237¢
So, in dungeon in an area I am camping there are two NPCs (chokidai and handler) who every hour or so end up on my aggro Xtarget list. They are too far out of range for me to have ever targeted them and practically zone-length distance from me. They stay on the XTarget aggro list and prevent KISS from continuing since the tank or assist cannot target them. The only way to remove them from XTarget of puller is to Abscond to zone-in and campfire back.

I suspect they are somehow aggroed (not sure how) via some bug, but because the puller is so far away they don't train the entire zone onto my group. Can anyone think of a way to remove from aggro other than zoning?

Puller is Monk and Imitate Death doesn't work for some reason. So the most obvious de-aggro technique doesn't work.

JJB.

Last edited:
I’ve run into this before, as well. I never spent the time to find a workaround other than moving my camp spot to somewhere where if it happened I at least might not die.

I have had this happen - it seems to be a bug with pathing on those mobs - they seem to warp when stuck then warp back with aggro
I have had them then get other mobs aggroed and the train begins .....

I've seen this happen when the puller grabs a mob and the mob pathing either warps or falls through the world. The mob will then pop out across the zone and sometimes transfer aggro. One camp in Labs had it happen once an hour. I had to camp the puller and the bard every time.

Not sure any of these would help, but other ways to drop aggro besides FD/Fade:
  • Mage - Call of the Hero - Single target version seems to work unless the mob is fairly close to mage anyways.
  • Ench/Bard - Memblur, charm
  • Druid/Wiz/Necro - Evac/Succor/Levant - Zones you, so full aggro drop.
  • Bard - Song of the High Sun - Sends mob back to it's spawn point. (Does this song still work? Haven't tried in years)
  • Most classes - The AA "forget me now" button. Like Zerkers get "Self Preservation", Druids get "Veil of the Underbrush"..

So, in dungeon in an area I am camping there are two NPCs (chokidai and handler) who every hour or so end up on my aggro Xtarget list. They are too far out of range for me to have ever targeted them and practically zone-length distance from me. They stay on the XTarget aggro list and prevent KISS from since the tank or assist cannot target them. The only way to remove them from XTarget of puller is to Abscond to zone-in and campfire back.

I suspect they are somehow aggroed (not sure how) via some bug, but because the puller is so far away they don't train the entire zone onto my group. Can anyone think of a way to remove from aggro other than zoning?

Puller is Monk and Imitate Death doesn't work for some reason. So the most obvious de-aggro technique doesn't work.

JJB.

The most likely reason why you can’t FD them off is because another group member has also agro’d them at some point. When this happened to me it was inevitably a buff cast on the group, a heal, or something like that. At that point the mac is essentially locked up until the group dies or you zone/camp.

I’ve had the same issues in many zones, especially newer ones. It’s super frustrating, especially if you don’t have a wizzy or Druid to evac.

Yes, I've now noticed it happens when a mob somehow jumps and aggros. Sometime it brings the train from hell... other times just these across the zone aggro events that can't be removed.

I did notice if I turned AH to Empty Target (ET) and then back to AH it seems to work, at least manually. So I wrote a little routine that gets called during MobRadar and a couple of other well-traveled subs. Will report back if it works.

Code:
        sub Main

/declare a int local 0
        /if (${Me.XTarget}==0) /return
        /for a 1 to ${Me.XTarget}
          /if (${Me.XTarget[${a}].ID}) {
              /if (${Navigation.PathLength[id ${Me.XTarget[${a}].ID}]}>2000) {
                  /xtarget set ${a} et
                  /xtarget set ${a} ah
              }
          }
        /next a

/xtarget set 3 et
        /xtarget set 3 ah    

/if (${Select[${Me.Class.ShortName},MNK]}) {
            /alt act ${Me.AltAbility[Imitate Death].ID}
            /delay 5s
        }
        /return

If the above doesn't work I'll make something with "forget" per EQTrader's suggestion, or a more complicated automated evac routine...

Last edited:
Yes, I've now noticed it happens when a mob somehow jumps and aggros. Sometime it brings the train from hell... other times just these across the zone aggro events that can't be removed.

I did notice if I turned AH to Empty Target (ET) and then back to AH it seems to work, at least manually. So I wrote a little routine that gets called during MobRadar and a couple of other well-traveled subs. Will report back if it works.

Code:
        sub Main

/declare a int local 0
                  /xtarget set ${a} et
                  /xtarget set ${a} ah
              }
          }
        /next a

/xtarget set 3 et
        /xtarget set 3 ah   

/delay 5s
        }
        /return

If the above doesn't work I'll make something with "forget" per EQTrader's suggestion, or a more complicated automated evac routine...

Nope.... doesn't work I am afraid. Going to have to be a zone/exodus/ or camp...

Code:
        sub Main

/declare a int local 0
                  /xtarget set ${a} et
                  /xtarget set ${a} ah
              }
          }
        /next a

/xtarget set 3 et
        /xtarget set 3 ah   

/delay 5s
        }
        /return

You might be able to gank the evac routine from GTFO.mac. Would make things easier than trying to create it from the ether.

Problem - Unanticipated Aggro from out of range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back