• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - UI save issue (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,014¢
Hey folks. So, I’m sure all saw that I was gifted a Samsung G9 from the RedGuides crew (still in awe of it).

I‘m coming from an Alienware 3440x1400 to the absolutely ginormous 5,120 x 1,440.
But I have run into an issue ; my ui settings reset on all toons at every log in. None of my windows or hotkeys save location. They’re all over each time I log in.
My Google-Fu has turned up zippo results.
I‘ve done what I could find on Google- made sure the EQ folder properties are not Read Only, Reset Viewport, changed the resolution settings on the EQ graphics launcher, tried copying the original toon settings, and made sure the Reset UI box is unchecked on character selection screen.

I’m at a loss as to how to get it corrected.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

BB~

Hey folks. So, I’m sure all saw that I was gifted a Samsung G9 from the RedGuides crew (still in awe of it).

I‘m coming from an Alienware 3440x1400 to the absolutely ginormous 5,120 x 1,440.
But I have run into an issue ; my ui settings reset on all toons at every log in. None of my windows or hotkeys save location. They’re all over each time I log in.
My Google-Fu has turned up zippo results.
I‘ve done what I could find on Google- made sure the EQ folder properties are not Read Only, Reset Viewport, changed the resolution settings on the EQ graphics launcher, tried copying the original toon settings, and made sure the Reset UI box is unchecked on character selection screen.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

BB~
If you are using 1 EQ directory, I believe the last one that camps is the one it saves and it only does so on a normal camp, not a /q or /camp desktop. Did you try fixing the UI on your main toon and then doing /camp and log out the slow way, then log in to see if it saved?

If you are using 1 EQ directory, I believe the last one that camps is the one it saves and it only does so on a normal camp, not a /q or /camp desktop. Did you try fixing the UI on your main toon and then doing /camp and log out the slow way, then log in to see if it saved?
Thanks for replying.

Yes, even when I just camp to character selection screen and log the same toon back in nothin of the UI saves.

Delete UI_character_server.ini file from the everquest directory while not running the game. Then run the game from scratch and log in to the affected character. Organize all windows just like you want it. Then /camp. Then log out from character select and then out from server select.

Delete UI_character_server.ini file from the everquest directory while not running the game. Then run the game from scratch and log in to the affected character. Organize all windows just like you want it. Then /camp. Then log out from character select and then out from server select.
Thought for sure that this would work, sadly it didn't. Thank you for the input Doc.

BB~

Actually I just thought of something. I remembered having this same issue before. And this is what I did

Try doing the first thing I said, except when you first log in. Just log back out normally (/camp). All the way out. Then re-launch, and log back in. Make your changes and then camp out again. I know that doesn't make much sense, but maybe worth a shot?

Might be worth mentioning to check and make sure your video card drivers are up to date and support the resolution you are seeking. The video modes in EQ I believe are determined by your cards drivers.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

BB~
I know it's not a fix, just a bandaid...

Can run it every time you login via cfg (ingame.cfg)

Problem - UI save issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back