• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Two great money making tips (1 Viewer)

Racecar

RedCents
When I first started playing EQ2, money was impossible to come by. I didn't understand how anyone could afford a horse, or master spells.

Now, with these two techniques I have every spell I use mastered, and I have 15pp sitting in the bank after buying equipment.

First is my splitpaw quick money technique. You are going to need some form of invis, either through a spell or item, and safefall helps but you can do it without it.

Here is the procedure:
  1. Start off by grabbing the easy Upper Tunells instance.
  2. Once inside (from the splitpaw entrance), grab the barell and explode the wall infront of you.
  3. Invis up and head out onto the ledge. Walk to your right and look down, you should see a ledge a good ways down that has two chests on it. Jump down onto that ledge (it looks far, but you should survive).
  4. Now, jump off the treasure area and head down onto the floor, with the spiders. Walk to the far end and enter the tunell. Wait there for the Keyholder mob to show up, he paths here frequently.
  5. Kill the keyholder mob, it will be solo and since this is an instance it will be an easy fight for your level. Loot his chest for the key.
  6. Invis up and head back into the area you originally jumped down to. Stack the boxes to get back up onto the treasure chest ledge. Open one of the chests with your key.
  7. Now, jump back off the ledge and look for a collection ? on the floor. It should be just out of mob aggro range. Collect that item, then walk forward through the tunell and collect the one there too.
  8. Blow your way back to the top, leave the instance and repeat for medium and hard, then do easy again.
You get loot from the chests each time and the splitpaw collectibles really sell well on my server. I average about 50g per hour doing this in my mid 30's. The market might cool down later, but right now people are crazy for collection items, mainly for the AA experience.

Which brings us to my other money making tip. KoS collectibles. This one is slightly dirty, but I follow around high level players as they kill mobs and grab any collection points I see. I play on a PvP server, so I prefer to do this with a character < lvl 10, and I prefer to do it to the enemy faction.

You can also just run around grabbing the collections yourself. Just be careful, there are a good number in and around accessible points for players of any level, just go exploring and grab them. These sell incredibly well on my server, this also nets me ~ 50g per hour.

Between these two money making tips I've been able to amass quite a fortune for someone my level. If you ever find yourself in a money bind, give them a try.

It only takes 10 minutes to do the entire splitpaw upper tunnel technique, and it's instanced so it's very safe and fast money.

You only fight one mob the entire time, and that's the weak keyholder mob. The rest is just stacking a few boxes and jumping off the initial ledge. The great thing about the splitpaw technique is that you get two guaranteed collection items, plus a chest.

If I ever reactivate I might try. I heard Jamlamin's our new server GM so I don't really wanna log on and just get harassed by him 24/7.

I heard that rumour too, but I also heard that SoE outsourced their fulltime GM staff to bangalore, so I'm not sure if it's the same guy.

lol Jamlamin use to be such a pain when i played eq1 seemed he liked to harrass morell thule the most

upper tunnels trick is a repost from my thread... please read before you post

I do admit that I didn't see your post, but in my defense it is near the bottom of the page.

Also, while the chest concept is the same, I identify which two chests give the better loot (the ones on the ledge always seem to have more), and which two collection items to grab at the bottom. I give credit where credit is due, but in this case I think it's more along the lines of great minds thinking alike =)

:D lol didnt mean to be offensive man.. your write up is more detailed and better than mine.. better to have a bump anyhow :D

Two great money making tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back