• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Tutorial trivia - plus slayers in Gloomingdeep (1 Viewer)

RedCents
155¢
So I was dinking around with a beastlord on NYE and decided to check out how slayers and other achievements work there. You will likely not get any achievements if you don't go out of your way for them. You need around 60-70 Kobolds, 12 or so goblins, 20 or so bats, rats, and spiders and 1 Bazu to complete everything in the zone. Barrels, piles of bones, vermin nests and spider egg sacs all count for table flipper, so it's fairly easy to get 500 of those before you leave if you make sure to hit them every time you go by. If you have an AE of some kind it would not be hard to get the achievement here, but as a BL I don't think we get one until level 87. Rats, bats and spiders are plentiful in the beginning areas, along with quite a few inanimate objects to destroy.

I concentrated on the pit for my Kobold Slayer Achievement. Around the pit you will find 9 Kobolds and 11 barrels (these count for table flipper). An additional kobold (or 2 if the other wanders in), 4 goblins and 3 barrels can be found in the room to the North. You can easily finish off your kobolds and goblins here or go into the pit for the remainder of your goblins. You'll also find the singular Bazu there (the "demon" of the pit). It would take some real dedication or long afk's to get that slayer checked off here.

Another spot for table flipper is the first rat / bat room with the Augmentation NPC in it. It has 3 vermin nests on a 30 second timer along with 3 barrels on a ~3 minute timer. You can get your 100 rats and bats here in 10 minutes or so.

I was not able to confirm the 2% damage boost after getting my slayer, as the highest damage weapon I had was hitting for 28 max with +2 Kobold Bane Dmg, but I don't know WHERE the 2% is added in and the base damage was only 15. I hoped the 2% was last, which would lead me to expect a max of 29, but I didn't get one in my testing.

Side note on bags and bows: You can get enough 10 slot backpacks to fill your inventory and bank which will easily hold you over until you get a bit of PP for bigger bags. You can also get ~80 pp per 500 containers from selling the bows for a plat a pop. Buys your spells, spell components and other misc things without having to worry about shared bank or other methods to finance. For necromancers, they also net bone chips for your summons. For bow users you get a bow and plenty of arrows.

I know none of this is rocket science and likely will not be of interest to folks like me who have played for years (or -cough- decades -cough-) but it might help out some newer players who can struggle with the little things and give them a head start on one of the more tedious Slayer tasks.

- E

Edit: A couple other random things. Kobolds of Gloomingdeep ostensibly have a faction, but you can't click it to see what it is or find it on any of the faction lists. I believe I killed all the named but didn't get much of anything special. Ratasaurus did not drop the haste item he is purported to carry. Fishing here is possible, so along with the bats you could get baking up to 70 (you get booted at level 15)

Discussion - Tutorial trivia - plus slayers in Gloomingdeep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back