• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Turning a 3-Box into a 6-Box (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hey Everyone,

I'm finally getting my little 3-box started on TBL. So far, everything has been great, but I'm running into some problems with CC (have shaman, so punting is only option atm), DPS checks (like in ironing out the legion), and I also think I need a REAL cleric for some of the more difficult TBL stuff.

Right now I'm running:

1-WAR - 15500 aas and about 6250 ac/buffed
2-MNK - 16000 aas and currently in conflag
3-SHM - 16500 aas and currently wearing mostly TDS

I plan on keeping only the WAR subbed full time and I'll use kronos occasionally to get the AAs up on the other chars.

Knowing all of this, what would be the most efficient way to round out the group? I'd like to be able to complete all progression in TBL and the upcoming expac.

At the moment I was thinking,

4-Cleric
5-Bard OR ENC
6-RNG OR MAG

I want to make sure I have enough DPS, healing, and CC to tackle anything. Please let me know what you guys think

If you plan on keeping the shm, you could run war/shm/clr/bard/monk/ranger or zerk - with Chat's plugin a zerker is going to do way damage than a mage or ranger. I personally run a shm in my group sometimes but I like to switch it out for my bst, I run War or SK/clr/bard/zerk/monk/bst most of the time.

That's a good point. Maybe CLR, ENC, MAG then

I haven't tried any of chats plugins. Are they substantially different from a well designed ini?

I'm not big on DPS as I've never learned or played either a zerker or a wizard. But if you add a Bard, an Enchanter, and a Cleric you will survive nearly any situation long enough to beat it down. The Bard can help mez but also can really enhance your tank's ability to survive while also enhancing both warrior and monk DPS. The Enchanter trivializes about 90% of most content with their CC. And a real cleric gives you short duration massive healing that the shaman can't provide. So that your shaman can help with DPS as they get some decent dots.

There are some events like the named Cactus mission in the New Overthere that would not be very easy with this sort of melee-heavy group.

I highly suggest berserker with this plugin

or rogue with this plugin

I have both and do way more dps than the better geared/better AA'd caster counterparts...

For CC, go bard if your dps is melee or ench is you're running caster DPS.

Ench adds lots of nuke crit enhancers and is better overall for mez. Its not a huge difference in mez skill, but ench does lock down a large pull a little better. Bard can definitely handle group content mezzing fine.

Bard brings more atk bonuses, +25% overhaste (haste v3), weapon delay reduction via Quicktime (haste v4) plus a variety of stackable DD melee procs via song. They also can add a massive amount of AC to your tank if you're pushing content that is just a little above your gear level. Running a melee group with a bard is a big boost in dps. When the bard pops quicktime (4 min group buff, 10 min cd), it's a huge boost.

Ench adds lots of nuke crit enhancers and is better overall for mez. Its not a huge difference in mez skill, but ench does lock down a large pull a little better. Bard can definitely handle group content mezzing fine.

I'd say bard mezzing is really bad by comparison, even with KA's chanter mez routine not being all that great. I'm using Sic's TBL bard ini but now I'm levelling another chanter because the bard isn't reliable enough in group content. That said there might be a much better ini, but his cleric one is solid.

I appreciate all the responses everyone.

Does anyone use a SHM as primary healer? Maybe I could replace the CLR with another class and relegate SHM to healer. If I did this, would I need another class with some backup healing like a BL, or would the shaman by itself be fine?

Question - Turning a 3-Box into a 6-Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back