• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Turn off Dannet - One Instance (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,745¢
I am running several instanced connected with Dannet for issuing commands. However, one of my instances is my trader. Is it possible to run a command on that one instance to stop listening for dannet commands so my other instances can act as a group without interrupting my trader when commands are issued?

EDIT: Also maybe it's just possible to somehow send a command to a particular instance itself?

Last edited:
Solution
I am running several instanced connected with Dannet for issuing commands. However, one of my instances is my trader. Is it possible to run a command on that one instance to stop listening for dannet commands so my other instances can act as a group without interrupting my trader when commands are issued?
remove your trader from the groups / channels its in (dannet)

• /dleave <group> [all|save] -- leave a group, and optionally write to [General] or [server_character] (all or save, respectively)
you can also turn off dannet on your trader, and not have it affect the rest of your toons by typing /plugin mq2dannet unload noauto. Keep in mind you will need to type this or created a hotbutton for your trader, and use it every time you...

• /dleave <group> [all|save] -- leave a group, and optionally write to [General] or [server_character] (all or save, respectively)
you can also turn off dannet on your trader, and not have it affect the rest of your toons by typing /plugin mq2dannet unload noauto. Keep in mind you will need to type this or created a hotbutton for your trader, and use it every time you run MQ on your trader. If you omit the noauto, it remove dannet from all toons, next time you reboot MQ. The first option of /dleave is a better choice IMHO.

Last edited:
Solution

Excellent. Would it also work if I simply unloaded the Dannet plugin as well? And if I did that, next time I load up MQ in an instance, would Dannet reload itself until I unloaded it again?

Question - Turn off Dannet - One Instance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back