• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Trying to turn pet hold off. (1 Viewer)

cassandra

RedCents
705¢
I really need to figure out a way to keep pet hold off. Kissassist will automatically turn pet hold on after every encounter. This simple little thing has caused me many deaths and much grief.

Things I have tried.
1. Removing the lines of code from kissassist that have the words /pet hold on.
2. Changing the lines of code in kissassist and replacing "/pet hold on" to "/pet hold off"
3. Command /melee petassist=0

None of this has worked. Does anyone know of a way for me to keep pet hold off? I want my pet to attack anything that has attacked it and stop running trains on my camp.

I did both and it is still turning hold on automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

Update. Problem fixed!!!

I removed more code. This is what I removed and I seem to be in control of my pet's options. Everything seems fine I just hope I did not take too much out. My pet is kicking ass like a boss now.

Removed
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Me.Pet.ID}) {
            /varset PetAttack 0
            /pet back off
            /if (${Me.AltAbility[Pet Discipline]}) /pet hold off
            /if (${Select[${Role},puller,pullertank]} && ${Math.Distance[${CampYLoc},${CampXLoc}]}<=${CampRadius}) {
                /if (${Me.Pet.Distance}<=${CampRadius}) /pet guard
                /if (${Me.Pet.Distance}<=${CampRadius}) /pet follow
And removed this

Rich (BB code):
| Reset PetToysGave  
        /ini "${IniFileName}" "Pet" "PetToysGave" " "
        /if (${Select[${Role},puller,pullertank]} && ${Me.Pet.Distance}<=${CampRadius}) /pet guard
        /if (${Me.AltAbility[Pet Discipline].RequiresAbility}) /pet hold off
        /if (${Me.AltAbility[Pet Discipline]}>5) /pet focus

I removed that code from my KA file. And the only thing I did to MQ2Melee was /melee save after setting /melee petassist=0. Doing these things made my pet tank so much better. It was really hard for my pet to tank when kissassist keeps automatically turning on pet hold. For those that don't know pet hold on will prevent your pet from picking up other targets in the extended target window. If your pet is the MT and MA you want pet hold off so it will move to another target after one drops.

Sweet. Gonna look at this.

The only time I see using pet hold on is for tanking raid or named where another will off tank adds.

- - - Updated - - -

This didn't work for me... I did

/melee petassist=0
/melee save

Removed the lines you posted from kissassist.mac

ended my mac and restarted.

Killed a mob, and hold came back even with another on my xtarget.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way I could get this to work is to add

Rich (BB code):
downshit0=/if (${Me.Pet.ID}) /pet hold off

To my melee file. But now it is spamming "The pet hold mode is set to off" over and over. Any one have any ideas?

- - - Updated AGAIN - - -

Got this to work for me finally. I realized I was using KA 7.1 instead of 7.2. Once I switched and removed the lines, I was able to stop the pet hold also.

Last edited:
Sorry I dont know why removing the code is not working for you. I have been playing with the modified KA code for about 4 hours and have had no issues. My setup is as follows. Druid and Mage running /mac kissassist assist while targeting the mage pet. I play a bard running no mac just doing /melody 1 2 3 4 5 (playing all caster DPS songs). The mage and druid autofollow me (the bard) through the dead hills heroic adventures. I dungeon crawl through the HA with my bard while pressing /pet attack (via EQBCS) on anything in our way. I also have 3 caster DPS mercs up. For named I drop one caster DPS and replace with healer merc.

I can run an HA in about 20 mins this way while being semi AFK (now that the pet tank picks up adds with code modification). I just sent the pet tank into a pile of mobs without worrying about slowing or crowd control. Sometimes I get 4 at a time but usually one or two. The mage pet is tough as nails and with /pet hold off I can just throw him into a pile of mobs and go semi AFK.

I have even had some 15 minute dead hills scouting ahead missions. This system works really good for me. When KA kept turning pet hold on I had to be at the keyboard all the time.

Thanks Maskoi! I have noticed this while playing my Mage as well, but since I have it just as secondary DPS the need for me to investigate was very limited. I play with a tank / cleric / melee DPS, so the spell DPS + pet was just optional.

Question - Trying to turn pet hold off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back