• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Trying to get up and running again (1 Viewer)

Hoggins

RedCents
70¢
Hi all!
I tries loading up all my toons with CWTN plugins and none of them have the CWTN window up.
I just tried typing /plugin mq2eskay load on SK account and got this weird message:

1687468714284.png

Anyone else getting this and what are my next steps here to be able to play EQ with all the plugins?

-Hogs

Solution
Hi all!
I tries loading up all my toons with CWTN plugins and none of them have the CWTN window up.
I just tried typing /plugin mq2eskay load on SK account and got this weird message:

View attachment 49234

Anyone else getting this and what are my next steps here to be able to play EQ with all the plugins?

-Hogs
If you have already checked the RG Launcher Plugin Tab then read the following:
- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]
Hi all!

View attachment 49234

-Hogs
If you have already checked the RG Launcher Plugin Tab then read the following:
- The RG Launcher is unable to *delete* old files.
-- This means you will get an error box if you don't have a current plugin that matches the mq build
-- your options are:
--- a: purchase a license
--- b: delete the old .dll in your plugin folder, and/or
--- c: change your macroquest.ini to MQ2PluginName=0 under [Plugins]

Solution
To give a little more context to this issue, I should have mentioned that..
  • My old computer stopped loading EQ about 8 months ago so last week I built up a new one...yes, just to play EQ
  • A couple days ago I did have all the CWTN plugins loaded on SHD, CLR, ZERKERS X2, BST and all were running fine
  • I'm running the latest version of the RedGuides Launcher...it's green
Well... I just clicked on the "Plugins" tab on the launcher and clicked "update" and was able to get /plugin mq2eskay load to work.
I have been away from this game for 8 months so I apologize for some of the dumb questions.
Now I just need to do same for all my toons in game and then figure out how to get the CWTN UI window to show but I should be able to figure that out fairly easy.

Hopefully this post will help others with similar issues if they run across them.

This ticket can close! :)

-Hogs

Problem - Trying to get up and running again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back