• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tribute farming (1 Viewer)

Lepatcheez

RedCents
The experience potions aren't in the game anymore, but I realized something while I was hunting them. For me, the most rare drop was the wing off the hornets in BW.

The first time, I was trying to get some hunting time in while waiting for a raid. All I came up with was a bunch of regular wings that didn't stack at all. For the most part, I let them rot. Eventually, I realized they were tradeskill flagged, so I kept like 3. Raid was called, I didn't get my wing. So I went on the raid not thinking about it.

After the raid I saw them still in my bags, so I decided to check EQTraders to see what they made. Hmm, Fire Wing Dry Fly, trivial 46 in fishing. Why not? Figured I'd clown around and make the lures for the hell of it. After I made my first one, I looked at the link. Tribute Value: 1160. I blinked. So, over 1k tribute on a stackable item that drops quite commonly. Thought it was too good to be true.

The next morning, myself and two other friends decided to farm the xp potion pieces (it was a lot of farming to get us 2 potions each) But, this time I took a tackle box, 5 stacks of silk thread (spiderling silk x2 in a tailoring kit or loom), and 5 stacks of dry hooks. I looted every wing that dropped and made the flies on the fly (no pun intended). I should have brought more supplies, because after an hour, I used up all my supplies and had 98 flies on me (so it's not a no-fail recipe. Most people that can efficiently farm in BW usually have 46 or higher in fishing. I had 54).

Turning these in to my tribute master, 113k tribute. Not bad for a little over an hour's farming. Might be considerably less if you solo. This was done with 3 people. I also found the recipe works with giant mosquito wings if you hunt in CT, tho there's not that many mosquitos, and they're a bit more painful than the hornets.

Suffice it to say, Ever since I've been doing this, I have over 1.9 million tribute points.

Fire Wing Dry Fly, Tribute Value: 1160.

Tried this recipe today and triv was so low its not even worth the time. I went to bazaar and bought uo every wing I could find then turned them in to flys, no triv on any including the one listed here was over 40 if that with most being around 4

Has anyone verified the triv value?

Was trying this last night and you need to have Tackle Box and Fishing Triv at 26. I failed and just got Dry Hook back. So now I have to fish to get fishing up.

Strategy for killing hornets.
-hotkey 1 /target hornet
-hotkey 2 /warp target
-hotkey 3 /warp succor (in case you warp into a bees hive)

Same thing for farming spiderlings for silk thread. People charging 50pp each on Thread?? lmao - Sony destroyed the games economy with OOW...Delusional vendors

Noone in BW now that exp potion is gone.

hey this works as of today, i hunt my spiderling silks in everfrost near pok book (kill everything a lot till they spawn rinse repeat) (rinse = /hidecorpses all ) make the threads, buy the dry hooks, hunt the wasps and combine and when i run out of supplies turn in my tribute for a nice.... nice... lump of tribute... 1160 per. now, one thing i noticed is that SHADELING SILKS AND THREADS DO NOT WORK... save yourself the heartache of hunting 10 stacks of these for nothing. just my 2cp. laters.

This is an awesome little exploit :)

Found a nice little spot that provides a lot of spiderling silk in Field of Bone, head straight north from pok book and you come across 2 underground chambers, it is actually just on the grassy side near the desert. Easily seen on maps, and it has about 4 chambers. Spiderlings spawn in here at a fair rate, I got 40 spiderling silks in 4 rinse and repeats, it took about 40 minutes. Nice tribute at 1160.. tried with the circle hook but worth only 40 tribute.

Hope this helps for the gathering the spiderling silks.

word of advise. dont sell them back to the vendor, thinking there left over parts.. lol 100k tribute down the drain lolz

NERFED

Tribute is now 35 each...now why would they nerf this???? Just yesterday it was 1160 why oh why did I have to wait :mad:

GAH!! Just like sony to go a screw up a good thing. I'm running out of tribute too, was planning on farming some this weekend :mad:

I found this by pure innocent accident. Same situation, but I was only level 10 or so at the time on my first character. One of my guildies was farming the hornet wings, so i asked for a few packfuls to try my hand at lure making. Once I had made them, I looked up the average price value of the lures on the pricing sites and wondered why the heck they were selling for 335pp EACH!

I figured what the heck and put 1 stack of these in /baz. About 3 days later someone bought the stack for 6.7K. Holy wow!

Well, this baby is nerfed now, but thought I might save some folks the trouble. I did a spreadsheet of every kind of "wing" I could get my hands on, and did the combines with all 3 types of hooks (dry, treble, and circle) back when it was still working.

At level 10 I couldn't even survive the journey to the Woods much less farm a wing, but I did find that both Large and Small 'squiter wings also worked. Worked. Those were nerfed, too. I did a lot of farming in Swamp of no hope for wings. I also sold the Mousquito wings in baz for 40pp each bare without even doing the combine.

I was not able to find any other lure recipes with high trib values. All gone.

Oh, well, the fun is over on my lure-making enterprise.

Admin should drop this thread into the Nerfed folder, now.

Aack!

I was combing through a search and failed to notice that these threads come from all over. It's already in the Nerfed section, lol.

Tribute farming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back