• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Transferring settings between machines. (1 Viewer)

Sodpoodle

RedCents
361¢
Just got a new laptop that I would like to run some boxes on. What is the best way to move all my settings for EQ/mq2 to a new machine? Also going from Windows 7 machine to a Windows 10 if that makes a difference.

Copy the Entire EQ folder from C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest to an external device and then to the new PC in the same location. Download the patcher and install and it will see it already exist. Then copy your Release folder from the old machine to the new machine and then load MQ then load EQ and get back to work.

A simpler way since you already installed EQ on your new machine might be to simple copy all the .ini files for your characters. The everquest .ini files are located in the root directory ...\everquest

samples of the files are:
Rich (BB code):
toonname_luclin.ini
UI_toonname_luclin.ini
These two files contain all of your window locations, hotbuttons, socials and other character specific settings.

There are few ini files that have to do with the launcher and global everquest settings, like display resolution and few other things that may not copy well to your new computer. I expect the computer savvy folks here could tell you more about them.

Question - Transferring settings between machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back